Why become a member? ×

If you could be in any band fantasy.

GreeneKing

I would start a new band with Danny Carey(drums), Mike Patton(vocals), Devin Townsend(guitar and vocals), Les Claypool(lead bass and general nuttiness), Mike Vennart(guitar and vocals) and Gambler(keys).
Not sure what I could add but it would be bloody awesome to behold such incredible talents in one room!!!!

Foo Fighters - love the songs, nothing complex to worry about and you can kick back and enjoy the energy of the gigs

Rammstein - for the spectacle really

Yellowhouse - oh, hang on, i'm in that one already. Just a covers band with a great bunch of guys playing all my favourite songs. Living the dream.......

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1487178225' post='3237813']

Thats a strange name .. oddly enough i saw a band back in the 80's or was it the 70's, called the 64 spoons , downstairs in The Corn Dolly, Oxford . He didnt know it back then but the gitwrist would later play with Level 42 .. bloke by the name of Jakko Jakszyk
[/quote]
That's them. They were from the Watford area and I saw them loads of times. It was about the nearest you'd get to seeing Zappa in a pub.
The rest of the guys were equally talented, Ted Emmett, Lyndon J Connah, Tam Neill. The bassist, Andy Crawford, was fantastic too, but no longer plays.
Jakko plays with King Crimson now, btw.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1487191633' post='3237999']
That's them. They were from the Watford area and I saw them loads of times. It was about the nearest you'd get to seeing Zappa in a pub.
The rest of the guys were equally talented, Ted Emmett, Lyndon J Connah, Tam Neill. The bassist, Andy Crawford, was fantastic too, but no longer plays.
Jakko plays with King Crimson now, btw.
[/quote]

Oh, yes ...even back then they were damn good. Jakko was the font man wasn't he ? I remember him being a bit of a comedian - great live band

Thanks for the info Moon.

Didnt know he was with KC now

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1487188917' post='3237954']
Frost*
Threshold (although that would cause some confusion, as their keys player has the same name as me!)
It Bites
[/quote]

Great to see a shout out for Threshold! Have known Karl and Rich for more years than I care to remember. Top guys and a great band. Maybe if you did get the dep slot Steve would let you borrow that lovely myrtle topped Sei of his. Now there is a nice bass. Mind you, I reckon that your Wal would slot in just nicely on any of their tunes!

I'd been thinking about posting a similar thread only a coupla days ago. Pretty easy one this for me, Parliament-Funkadelic, Trouble Funk, Earth Wind and Fire or Chic or Shriekback. The first three cos their gigs are just big parties. Chic,because they embody sass and cool. I'd have happily stepped into Dave Allen's shoes to play on tracks like My Spine Is The Bassline.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h_N49GEMjU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h_N49GEMjU[/url]

Edited by Barking Spiders