Why become a member? ×

Cover band bingo

Les

I only score three with our band. They're not really representative of what we do, but I guess getting booked means we always have to include some pleasers.

Reckon I've done about 13 of those with other bands....as a setlist.....I think I'd run a mile!

(Though Black Night is still a corker in my book)

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1462814712' post='3045923']
I've played many of these numbers in some very good bands.

I think a [i]bad[/i] band is defined by [i]how[/i] they play rather than [i]what[/i] they play.[/quote]

You won't win your snobbery badge with that kind of attitude!

A proud 8/25 in one band and 1/25 in the other and, barring Honky Tonk, enjoy playing them all!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1462813130' post='3045897']
Zero across three bands. What do I win?
[/quote]

A night depping on bass for me while I prop the bar up at my Jam Night. :D

Why should you be the only one not suffering :lol:

I think a [i]bad[/i] band is defined by [i]how[/i] they play rather than [i]what[/i] they play.
[/quote]

This.

I think a [i]bad[/i] band is defined by [i]how[/i] they play rather than [i]what[/i] they play.
[/quote]

Is of course the correct answer. Bands can make a dog's dinner of obscurities just as much as the proven crowd pleasers. I've done stints in a house band for open mic/jams so I think I've played 21 of the 25. Couldn't give a toss frankly, not even slightly embarassed.

Think I've done around 15 in various outfits , many of the rock ones in a classic rock set up

Oddly , whilst we are fairly pop , our 80s tribute does sweet child , it always goes down well , and seems to please the section of the party that didn't get into Duran Duran or Madonna.

Whilst I can't deny I get personally bored with some songs, it always surprises me that people who think they are cool come up with what you shouldn't play , these songs in the right setting get the party going , for me there is a time and a place where that's what's required. Nowt wrong with it.