Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Year 4, Surrey, 27th November 2010

silverfoxnik

[quote name='Hamster' post='1038455' date='Nov 27 2010, 12:33 AM']Bit late - any chance of a 1m speakon - speakon, mine got nicked at a gig[/quote]

No problem Colin. I will have a few spare speaker cables with me. Should be there just after lunch.

Sorry, chaps. After having been packed and ready last night, something's come up and I'm going to have to bail out last minute today. Have fun and I look forward to the photos.

Please could you add my Drums on Demand Vol 1 drum tracks to the raffle. I'll post it to the winner. These are gear real drum loops in 24 bit WAV format. See drumsondemand.com. They come in at around £30.

Edited by Sean

Just got back from the Bash (at work now :D )
Now I have serious Alleva Coppolo KPB-4 GAS issues :P :lol: :lol: :D :) :) :lol: :D

On a more serious note it was nice to meet some more BC'ers and many, many thanks to JohnnyLager for a little private setup masterclass before I had to shoot off.

Cheers,
Jon

Edited by jonthebass

Had to leave the bash fairly early - I'm afraid the loud room lived upto it's name and I found myself with a truly awful headache after visiting it one too many times, ah well it's a sign of me getting older and not getting out enough I suppose :)

Very well done to those who organised the event, I got to see silddx's wonderful Chris Squire tribute bass and got very close to two beautful Fodera's from bass gear (luckily I got close and didn't get my credit card out !:)) and also checking out a fair few other lovely instruments

Unfortunately missed some of the talk on setting up a bass, but the bits I saw were very helpful.

Great talk from Mike/Urb talking about theory and technique.

Very well done to all involved.

A huge thanks to Nik, Colin and co for working so hard to set this up and to those who gave teach-ins (compression was never so entertaining!). A good time was had by all! And as I understand a decent amount of money was raised for some worthwhile causes. RIP Old Git

[quote name='Clarky' post='1039049' date='Nov 27 2010, 05:52 PM']A huge thanks to Nik, Colin and co for working so hard to set this up and to those who gave teach-ins (compression was never so entertaining!). A good time was had by all! And as I understand a decent amount of money was raised for some worthwhile causes. RIP Old Git[/quote]

I didn't get to see any of the seminars but would like to "+1" what Clarky has said here.

Just landed at home, only about a mile away so stayed on til the end. Had a great laugh, met some old friends and made some new. Compression, b*ll*x mate all b*ll*x!
Cheers 51m0n! Won a great album cover book in raffle. GAS, don't talk to me about gas!
Have to say the loud room was emmense, notably Krakens Ampeg rig which nailed you to the wall. Simple rig, monster sound. I won't mention any numbers, I'll leave that to those that count the cash but we raised a good amount of money, Old Git would have been proud!
Pics to follow

Could not pop in to say hi in the end as had the chance to record some bass in the studio.

Big sorry to Stingray5 for not getting the chance to try your fretless Ray out. Really wanted to have a go as getting frustrated with my current fretless and need to make a decision soon before I go mad.

Hope you all had lots of fun though.

Just landed on the sofa - phew it's getting cold out there!

It was a great day - my fave bash to date - thanks to Nick and Hamster for getting it all together and finding such a great venue - the fact everything was so spaced out meant those who wanted to crank the volume could and enjoy themselves without crucifying everyone's hearing, and the jam room and theatre were great as well.

Thanks to all who came to my little talk thing - I didn't really know what I was going to say, so I'm glad that what we did cover seemed to hit the note as it were - please PM me any follow up questions - but it was lovely to meet you all and I enjoyed the other talks as well.

Right I'm going to chill now and congrats again on another sterling effort from all concerned

Thanks guys

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='1039132' date='Nov 27 2010, 06:48 PM']Just landed on the sofa - phew it's getting cold out there!

It was a great day - my fave bash to date - thanks to Nick and Hamster for getting it all together and finding such a great venue - the fact everything was so spaced out meant those who wanted to crank the volume could and enjoy themselves without crucifying everyone's hearing, and the jam room and theatre were great as well.

Thanks to all who came to my little talk thing - I didn't really know what I was going to say, so I'm glad that what we did cover seemed to hit the note as it were - please PM me any follow up questions - but it was lovely to meet you all and I enjoyed the other talks as well.

Right I'm going to chill now and congrats again on another sterling effort from all concerned

Thanks guys

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

Gutted I missed your talk, but really enjoyed your little run-down on slapping. Was genuinely interested in how you were explaining it all, which, for me on the subject of slapping, is a really nice thing to be able to say :)

Cheers
Si

A good afternoon indeed. Nice to put some faces to names. Thanks Nick, Hamster and all those who helped organise and run sessions.

I went with no intention of buying anything and came away with an Aria EUB. Ah such is life. Thanks Clarky.

really was nice to have met you all, other people have said it more eloquently but a thanks to all who set this up, and everyone else who made the day a real nice place to hang out.

by popular demand (it would seem) I will resist adding more Ampeg 10" speakers for now :) although it was nice to have somewhere where it could collectivley be properly cranked - I have fond memories of running Rickenbackers through it :) now have GAS for custom 5 string 4001's.

see you all soon

Just got in and unloaded - sure was cold. Enjoyed the day immensely - great to catch up with some old friends and make whole new ones - apologies if I didn't get round to everyone. Big shout out to all those who helped organise the event and also put on the workshops and jam room etc.

All-in-all a good day. And I managed to restring the Ibby as well - result!!

Well, time to chill in the lounge with a nice glass of vino (early start in the morning - can't be too late up)

Will be planning to come to next years' event - will deffo have a go in the jam room next time!!!

Laters taters
Ian

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='1039326' date='Nov 27 2010, 09:19 PM']Just got back to snowy Harrogate.

Brill day. Well done Nik and all that sailed with you.

& now ...Beer[/quote]
Enjoying a guiness or 3 myself, glad you had a good journey home. Loving the look of those Zons, I'm glad I didn't plug in otherwise I'd be selling my landladys daughters! Dont forget 5xl t-shirts!

[quote name='Linus27' post='1039110' date='Nov 27 2010, 06:28 PM']Could not pop in to say hi in the end as had the chance to record some bass in the studio.

Big sorry to Stingray5 for not getting the chance to try your fretless Ray out. Really wanted to have a go as getting frustrated with my current fretless and need to make a decision soon before I go mad.

Hope you all had lots of fun though.[/quote]
No worries, matey. I'll no doubt have the f/less Ray with me at the next bash if you don't happen to get a chance to play one before then.

And just to echo everyone's comments above, well done to Nik, Colin/Hamster et al for another successful Bass Bash. Also to 5im0n, Mike/urb and Johnnylager for their talks/demo's which were most entertaining and informative.
Plus a special mention to Happy Jack who (thanks to drummer Paul) managed to make it along, albeit on crutches. There's dedication for ya! :)

Back from the bash, just chilling.

Thanks for an immense day everyone, didnt get to visit the loud room, jam, or indeed do much other than watch the seminars (kind of out of body experience in one case - weird!).

Hope my interminable prattling was as informative as it was (apparently) entertaining - if not, then at least it was entertaining chaps; I've been on the receiving end of some unfathomably dry and tedious compressor lectures, so if you got nothing but a laugh out of it I'm one up on some of the guys who tried to teach me this nonsense :)

Lovely to meet old friends, and make some new ones.

Thanks Nick, Hamster and everyone else who helped put it all together, I'm sure Old Git would have loved it, RIP mate.