Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Year 4, Surrey, 27th November 2010

silverfoxnik

Thanks guys for letting us know & Mert, hope all's OK! As Jake can't now run his workshop, would anyone else like to step in and do something? What we have are the following:

1. Compression/Compressors - 51m0n

2. Bass tones/using your amp/e.q. advice - alexclaber

3. 'Set up' masterclass - johnnylager

4. ????????

here's a few thoughts I've just had are that it might be really useful to have something on:

* Practicing & practice routines
* Music theory
* Musical styles (e.g. how to play 'Rock' bass, 'jazz-funk' bass etc, etc)
* Something on gigging

What do you think?

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1027115' date='Nov 17 2010, 05:40 PM']What we have are the following:

1. Compression/Compressors - 51m0n

2. Bass tones/using your amp/e.q. advice - alexclaber

3. 'Set up' masterclass - johnnylager

4. ????????[/quote]

Nik, could you please remove the reference to 'master' from the word 'masterclass'? :)

JL.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1026823' date='Nov 17 2010, 12:58 PM']I'm also sorry to be pulling out of this as I now have to be in deepest darkest Wales on the day. :)
Very sorry folks but the lesson in the raffle offer stands if anyone wants it... :)[/quote]

Shame Jake, hope its good things (Wales though....:lol:). See you next year?

[b]UPDATED LIST:[/b]

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Eden Metro Rig, and a Peavey MKIV head and SWR Triad for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
02. Michaelg
03. silddx: Chris Squire Electra Evolution build, Squier Classic Vibe TTS Stratocaster, POD X3 LIVE.
04. Hamster:
05. WalMan: Wal Custom, pair of G&L L2500s, Markbass Combo, Epifani Cab, Marshall Superbass 100, Bass Pod Pro xt
06. Jakesbass:
07. Happy Jack: Kit: PJB Bass Buddy, Rolls PM1, ‘Mystery Guest’ + 3 sets of headphones. Basses: The people will decide.
08. Ped: Vigier Passion II with Marleaux and Roland GK electronics, Roland Vbass unit, 1u 800w digital poweramp, SWR 4x8 and 1x15
09. 51m0n: Bergantino AE410, Markbass SA450, Roscoe CS 5, Pedal board with various bits of lovely goodness, Bergantino HT210 and HT115, Ibby BTB470
10. obbm: Godin A5 fretless, Shuker PJ5, PJB Cub, PJB-D200, Lakland PJ Duck Dunn, TecAmp Pleasure Board and Sony headphones
11. jhk
12. Stingray5: Musicman, Tune, Fender, Westone basses; Trace Elliot GP12SMX combo + 2x10/2x5, Boss GT6-B
13. pete.young: Bass Collection 465 and GK3-B plus Roland V-Bass, plus Yamaha BB800 and maybe the Burman Pro 4000
14. Andy
15. sockdeluxe_mikey: Lakland 44-01, Markbass SA450, Euphonic Audio NL-210
16. Clarky: Fender CS Pino and MarkBass CMD121P
17. Bottle: Precision special, EBS cabs (yep, both the 4x10 and 1x15), maybe a couple of 1x12's, and my GK MB500 head
18. Truckstop
19. Bloodaxe
20. Waynepunkdude: SX Bass
21. Barneyg42
22. essexbasscat
23. Stylon Pilson
24. Kraken
25. Alien
26. Bassmanady: Yamaha TRB5P
27. Clauster
28. Paul S: Trace Elliot AH300-12 + 2103H
29. Cetera: Spector basses, Wal bass, Sansamp RBI/RPM rig, Genz 212
30. TomKent: Eden Nemesis 250 Combo, Fretless P-Bass and my J-Bass
31. Urb
32. charic: greenburst acg and a mim fender pbass with SD 1/4lb and BAII
33. Alex Claber: Barefaced cabs, RIM bass
34. walbassist: PJB M-300 and a 6B cab, plus my Veillette basses.
35. sean: Yamaha BB2024x, Yamaha BB2025, Spector NS5-XL, Mesa Walkabout Scout 12" combo, Mesa Carbine M6, 2 x Bergantino AE210, Assorted FX
36. thestick: various basses
37. Plux_the_Duck: see 51m0n list above
38. MacDaddy: custom Shuker and possibly my Hamer Blitz or Iceni Zoot.
39. johnnylager: Pimp Euro 5, a Jap P, the LH / Big Juan rig and the DHA thing. And a couple of cans of lager.
40. simon1964: '64 P and the Shuker
41. Tait: Taitycaster, Mark Hoppus Jazz, and maybe the Ibanez SR500
42. Sibob: 1973 Jazz, 2003 US Jazz, Orange Terror, Ashdown EVOII500, Ashdown mini 4x8 cab
43. philw: Wal Mk 1 Custom Fretless, the gorgeous Veillette Fretless Acoustic Bass and the very small AER Amp One combo
44. Dropzone: Jeff Berlin Combo and Line 6 Lowdown 300 with Mk2 shortboard.
45. Patster1969

Sounds like an idea - I have no firm idea what one of those contraptions will do.

Also if anyone knows their way around Zoom effect pedals and how to program them, that would help an idiot like me.

Another thought - I may have something to sell on the day - do we just pitch up and stick a notice on it or would it be an idea to do a post before the day so people know how much cash to bring....

Someone said something about using their Trace Elliot with graphic EQ for my EQ/tone whatnot and I don't think I replied. Yes, the more EQ the merrier! It would be useful to compare how to use a graphic vs a semi-parametric. The irony is that I hardly use EQ at gigs - but when mixing recorded stuff I'm quite keen on careful subtle sculpting!

[quote name='Sibob' post='1030344' date='Nov 20 2010, 12:45 PM']Are there any WAGS going? :)

Si[/quote]

Wags? :) :D

Kay, I think I'll bring my Yamaha 5, Fretless and normal J-bass. Plus the Eden, and I might have someone coming with me with some tasty equipment. You'll have to wait to see about that though. :lol:

TK

[quote name='Sibob' post='1032059' date='Nov 21 2010, 11:09 PM']Hey it was a semi-serious question lol!
My gf wanted to come, I assured her that she'd be bored silly, but thought I'd ask anyway :)

Si[/quote]

She wont be bored, she wants to learn all about compression you see :)

Hi Bass Bashers.

As you know, I'm bringing some of Bass Gear's stock to display on Saturday.

I've just found out that I'm able to bring an important addition ...and I'm looking to those attending to help out on some important product development.

As you can see on [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=111988&hl="]this thread[/url] I'm bringing the prototype [b]Shuker Satinline[/b]. So your part in history is sought!

Cheers,

Phil

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='1032574' date='Nov 22 2010, 01:37 PM']Hi Bass Bashers.

As you know, I'm bringing some of Bass Gear's stock to display on Saturday.

I've just found out that I'm able to bring an important addition ...and I'm looking to those attending to help out on some important product development.

As you can see on [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=111988&hl="]this thread[/url] I'm bringing the prototype [b]Shuker Satinline[/b]. So your part in history is sought!

Cheers,

Phil[/quote]
Ooh, that will be interesting!