Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Year 4, Surrey, 27th November 2010

silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1034981' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:35 PM']I'm going to get there for about 9am in order to set-up (assuming all that's OK with Hamster)...

Clarky: that's great - really appreciate it..

Philw - sorry you can't be there but hope to see you next time!

silddx - thanks Nig; still hoping I can find someone for part of it...[/quote]
Let me know, Nik and I'll bring the guitar. If you can't I ought to let the guy who agreed to bring the fender combo know not to bother.

Do you want me to get there a bit earlier to help you set up?

N

Hey all - Nick in particular - I know it's not the same but I can bring my loop pedal which comes with some fairly OK drum patterns programmed in - and or a laptop that can provide beats etc - then at least some folks can have a jam - might be organised chaos mind :)

Re the Q&A I'd be happy to take part in something - I know a fair bit about music theory etc (I'm not such a god-like-genius as Jake but hey I play a bit of jazz!) and I could talk about writing - though I'll state unequivocally that I'm not a spokesman for BGM - but obviously it could be interesting to have a chat about the music media etc - dunno if that sounds like a goer?

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='Linus27' post='1034999' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:43 PM']Can anyone just turn up and have a browse and say hi as it would be good to pop in if I can get away from other stuff.

Also, is anyone bringing a Stingray fretless 4 string I could try?[/quote]
I'll have my fretless Ray with me. You're welcome to give it a go. :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='1035040' date='Nov 24 2010, 01:15 PM']Coool and its a four string and not five? Anymore than four strings and I get a brain meltdown :)[/quote]
Yes indeed, 4-string lined fretless, in fact.
Click on my signature pic below and you can see it (2nd from left).

[quote name='Stingray5' post='1035046' date='Nov 24 2010, 01:24 PM']Yes indeed, 4-string lined fretless, in fact.
Click on my signature pic below and you can see it (2nd from left).[/quote]

Ah ha, excellent, thank you. Even better that its lined as I am looking at a lined one at the moment.

[quote name='silddx' post='1034988' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:38 PM']Let me know, Nik and I'll bring the guitar. If you can't I ought to let the guy who agreed to bring the fender combo know not to bother.

Do you want me to get there a bit earlier to help you set up?

N[/quote]
That'd be awesome if you can! Thanks ....

[quote name='urb' post='1035000' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:44 PM']Hey all - Nick in particular - I know it's not the same but I can bring my loop pedal which comes with some fairly OK drum patterns programmed in - and or a laptop that can provide beats etc - then at least some folks can have a jam - might be organised chaos mind :)

Re the Q&A I'd be happy to take part in something - I know a fair bit about music theory etc (I'm not such a god-like-genius as Jake but hey I play a bit of jazz!) and I could talk about writing - though I'll state unequivocally that I'm not a spokesman for BGM - but obviously it could be interesting to have a chat about the music media etc - dunno if that sounds like a goer?

Cheers

Mike[/quote]
Hi Mike

Thanks for chipping in to help out - much appreciated!

Regarding the loop pedal, that would be great because one of the nice things about having the Jam Room last year, was the chance to try out a bass and play it away from the main room and to be able to 'play it' as if you were rehearsing or gigging with it..Don't know about anyone else, but hearing a bass withoit any other instruments only tells you one part of the story; having a chance to hear it again a drum beat makes a big difference! So - yes please to the loop pedal..

As for the Q&A, again, that would be just perfect..It provides a chance for a bit of music theory and also, something on the music media would be very interesting too.. Adrian from BGM did a bit on that at the 2008 Bash and it was really good..

So I will update the Workshops thread to include you if that's OK.. What time can you be there to do that btw?

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1035086' date='Nov 24 2010, 01:59 PM']Hi Mike

What time can you be there to do that btw?

Cheers

Nik[/quote]

I'll get there as early as I can but I can't see it being before 11am - so any time between then and 3pm would be cool - I guess I'll just wing it - have my bass handy and if I can borrow an amp that would be cool - please don't expect to be impressed!!!

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='1035166' date='Nov 24 2010, 03:10 PM']I'll get there as early as I can but I can't see it being before 11am - so any time between then and 3pm would be cool - I guess I'll just wing it - have my bass handy and if I can borrow an amp that would be cool - please don't expect to be impressed!!!

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

Thanks Mike; i'm sure we can borrow an amp... ow about we go for 12pm or 2pm for you?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1035236' date='Nov 24 2010, 04:17 PM']Thanks Mike; i'm sure we can borrow an amp... ow about we go for 12pm or 2pm for you?[/quote]

12noon is good for me - I'll let you know if I'm running late - can you PM me your mobile please dude?

I'll try and get there for 10.30 if poss - it's an hour by train from London Victoria so I'll get there sharpish :)

M

[quote name='urb' post='1035254' date='Nov 24 2010, 04:37 PM']12noon is good for me - I'll let you know if I'm running late - can you PM me your mobile please dude?

I'll try and get there for 10.30 if poss - it's an hour by train from London Victoria so I'll get there sharpish :)

M[/quote]
Thanks Mike, will do!!

[b]Workshops[/b]

1. Compression/Compressors - 51m0n

2. Bass tones/using your amp/e.q. advice - alexclaber

3. 'Set up' masterclass - johnnylager

4. Music Theory / Music Media - urb

Mike's offerd to do his session at 12pm, so with that in mind, Alex, John & 51m0n - do you want to let me know what time(s) are good for you? I'd suggest we go something like 45 minute sessions, times as follows:

Workshop 1: 12pm - urb
Workshop 2: 1pm - ?
Workshop 3: 2pm - ?
Workshop 4: 3pm - ?

Unless anyone fancies doing an 11am slot?

And then we could run charic's idea for a session - sort of like a 'knowledge exchange' through out the day, in and around the workshops..

Nik

Thanks guys! :) How about you do the 11am slot John and maybe another session later as people arrive through the day - we could set up a seperate space for you as the Foyer is so large.. And 51m0n, what about you doing the 1pm slot?

So it'd look like this:

Workshop 1: 11 am - johnnylager - setups
Workshop 2: 12 pm - urb - music theory & music media
Workshop 3: 1pm - 51m0n - compression & compressors
Workshop 4: 2pm - alexclaber - bass tones/using your amp/e.q. advice

Phil - we're booked until 6pm I think but because it'll be dark by then and the weather might be bad, it would be best to wrap up at 5pm I think..

Nik