Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Year 4, Surrey, 27th November 2010

silverfoxnik

[quote name='pete.young' post='995403' date='Oct 20 2010, 10:43 PM']My gig is cancelled, so I'm hoping to make this. I suppose I could bring the 100W Burman Valve combo - do you think that would be loud enough?

I'd need someone to give me a hand getting it out of the car.[/quote]
Be good to catch up with you Pete

I've got a heavy-duty trolley you can use to help shift the Burman - hope that helps

Ian

[quote name='Merton' post='995410' date='Oct 20 2010, 10:47 PM']Just spoken to Phil Mulford, he is hopeful he can make it for a few hours in the morning, hopefully with some of his Overwater basses in tow. Might get him to bring his new rig too, though I can't say what it is just yet :)[/quote]
Great news!! Thanks Mert.. And also that Si & Pete can make it too..

And yes, a good point cetera; we did do labels last year but they kept falling off do the the sustained levels of low-frequency vibrations in the building! :lol:

Here's an update on what we have been donated and by whom, for [b]The Raffle[/b]:

1. USA pair of Fender Jazz 5 string pick ups and a 5 string Jazz scratchplate (silverfoxnik)
2. Reflex red dot Jazz pickups (bassmanady)
3. Boss pocket series FA-1 FET amplifier (bassmanady)
4. Boss BE-5B bass multiple FX pedal (bassmanady)
5. Tech 21 XXL Warp (Born 2B Mild / Bass Gear)
6. 5m Klotz AC110 instrument cable with Silent jacks (obbm)
7. Warwick 'Rockbag' 2u semi-hard rack case (Clarky)
8. Free Bass lesson with Jakesbass (Jakesbass)
9. Boss ODB-3 (Truckstop)

All profits will be donated to a Charity in memory of Old Git (Si).

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='cetera' post='995675' date='Oct 21 2010, 10:48 AM']Just out of interest will we each get a badge with our username/real name on it?
Just for ease of identifying each other etc.

Sorry if this has been covered in the past but this is the first one I can actually make! :lol:[/quote]

I just assumed you'd be in the full GS Kiss regalia, mate, don't disappoint us!

:)

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='Paul S' post='995023' date='Oct 20 2010, 04:30 PM']How loud? I have a Fender G Dec 30 I could sling in the car.

And, Alex, did you want to use my Trace Elliot rig to do the tone/eq demo? (then I can try to remember what you did on it...)[/quote]

Mate, that would be great! It's just so I can provide a bit of harmony for the bassists to jam to in the Jam Room. I'm sure 30w will be heard over a drummer.

Thank you, Paul! White or red?

[quote name='cetera' post='995675' date='Oct 21 2010, 10:48 AM']Just out of interest will we each get a badge with our username/real name on it?
Just for ease of identifying each other etc.

Sorry if this has been covered in the past but this is the first one I can actually make! :)[/quote]
Pete a.k.a. Bloodaxe has offered us a very cool Basschat label design that we can use...

[quote name='Truckstop' post='996154' date='Oct 21 2010, 05:00 PM']Would you like to put my Boss ODB-3 in the raffle as a booby prize? You're welcome to it. Otherwise I'll be wandering around like the opposit of a hobo actually forcing into someones hands!

Truckstop[/quote]
Yes please! Will update the Raffle post now....

[quote name='51m0n' post='988163' date='Oct 14 2010, 04:13 PM']What, you wanna know all the secret knowledge?

Be prepared to roll up your trouser leg then!

:)[/quote]

Funny you should say that - I started to think about this subject after playing a gig in a masonic hall that had terrible acoustics :-D

Hi Folks,

As you know, we'd like to donate any proceeds from the day in honour of Old Git. Having consulted with Ros (Si's widow), she said that Si supported and believed in the work of these two Charities particularly:

The Kambia Appeal (kambia.org.uk) - supporting a hospital in Sierra Leone (Si did his thing on their last web site)
The Samaritans (samaritans.org)

Does anyone have a particular preference as to which should receive a donation or shall we just split the funds between them?

Nik

[quote name='silddx' post='996475' date='Oct 21 2010, 10:34 PM']I can donate for the raffle one unused rattle can of Tonetech Luthier Supplies Clear Gloss Pre Cat Nitro lacquer, and a mint hardback copy of The Album Cover Album, edited by the great Storm Thorgerson and Roger Dean. Hope that's not too weird or anything![/quote]
Thanks Nig! ..perfectly wierd yet wonderful with it... :)

Here's an update on what we have been donated and by whom, for [b]The Raffle[/b]:

01. USA pair of Fender Jazz 5 string pick ups and a 5 string Jazz scratchplate (silverfoxnik)
02. Reflex red dot Jazz pickups (bassmanady)
03. Boss pocket series FA-1 FET amplifier (bassmanady)
04. Boss BE-5B bass multiple FX pedal (bassmanady)
05. Tech 21 XXL Warp (Born 2B Mild / Bass Gear)
06. 5m Klotz AC110 instrument cable with Silent jacks (obbm)
07. Warwick 'Rockbag' 2u semi-hard rack case (Clarky)
08. Free Bass lesson with Jakesbass (Jakesbass)
09. Boss ODB-3 (Truckstop)
10. Tonetech Luthier Supplies Clear Gloss Pre Cat Nitro lacquer (Silddx)
11. Hardback copy of The Album Cover Album (Silddx)

All profits will be donated to a Charity in memory of Old Git (Si).

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='996362' date='Oct 21 2010, 08:43 PM']Hi Folks,

As you know, we'd like to donate any proceeds from the day in honour of Old Git. Having consulted with Ros (Si's widow), she said that Si supported and believed in the work of these two Charities particularly:

The Kambia Appeal (kambia.org.uk) - supporting a hospital in Sierra Leone (Si did his thing on their last web site)
The Samaritans (samaritans.org)

Does anyone have a particular preference as to which should receive a donation or shall we just split the funds between them?

Nik[/quote]
I'm fine with whatever is decided. Both are very worthy causes and a nice way to further honour Si/OG.

I'm also just rooting through my dark, dank, dungeon (otherwise known as my store cupboard!) for some goody(ies) to donate to the raffle.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='996577' date='Oct 22 2010, 01:04 AM']I'm fine with whatever is decided. Both are very worthy causes and a nice way to further honour Si/OG.

I'm also just rooting through my dark, dank, dungeon (otherwise known as my store cupboard!) for some goody(ies) to donate to the raffle.[/quote]
Thanks; that just about sums up my view on it..