Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Year 4, Surrey, 27th November 2010

silverfoxnik

I plan to base myself in the Quiet Room for the whole day, just like last time.

Once again, I'll bring along a range of headphone-based solutions, partly to give people a chance to try them, and partly to let people plug basses in and really hear what they sound like away from the noisy areas.

I'll also happily keep an eye on Items For Sale left by others who want to circulate & mingle.

As to what basses to bring, does anyone have any particular requests? I can go uber-retro and bring along my favourite Hofners from the 50's & 60's, I can bring along whatever exotica I have (Alleva Coppolo, Bravewood, Wal, Goodfellow), if anyone wants to try a bass thet they know I own just PM me.

UPDATED LIST:

[b]01. Silverfoxnik:[/b] Roscoe Beck V, Roscoe Beck V with Aguilar OB3 pre, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Eden Metro Rig, and a Peavey MKIV head and SWR Triad for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
[b]02. Merton:[/b]
[b]03. Silddx: [/b]
[b]04. Hamster:[/b]
[b]05. WalMan: [/b]
[b]06. Jakesbass:[/b]
[b]07. Happy Jack:[/b] Kit: PJB Bass Buddy, Rolls PM1, Line 6 Studio 110 + 3 sets of headphones. Basses: The people will decide.
[b]08. Ped:[/b] Vigier Passion II with Marleaux and Roland GK electronics, Roland Vbass unit, 1u 800w digital poweramp, SWR 4x8 and 1x15
[b]09. 51m0n:[/b]
[b]10. obbm:[/b]
[b]11. jhk[/b]
[b]12. [/b]
[b]13. [/b]
[b]14. [/b]
[b]15. [/b]
[b]16. [/b]
[b]17. [/b]
[b]18. [/b]
[b]19. [/b]
[b]20. [/b]
[b]21. [/b]
[b]22. [/b]
[b]23. [/b]
[b]24. [/b]
[b]25. [/b]
[b]26. [/b]
[b]27. [/b]
[b]28. [/b]
[b]29. [/b]
[b]30. [/b]
[b]31. [/b]
[b]32. [/b]
[b]33. [/b]
[b]34. [/b]
[b]35. [/b]
[b]36. [/b]
[b]37. [/b]
[b]38. [/b]
[b]39. [/b]
[b]40. [/b]
[b]41. [/b]
[b]42. [/b]
[b]43. [/b]
[b]44. [/b]
[b]45. [/b]
[b]46. [/b]
[b]47. [/b]
[b]48. [/b]
[b]49. [/b]
[b]50. [/b]

[/quote]

Already posted to say I'm in but not on the updated list so I've added myself. Hope that's ok.
I note Clarky and bottle not there either though they have said they're coming. Do people need to add themselves after all (copy/paste etc) or does that complicate things? :)

UPDATED LIST:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Roscoe Beck V with Aguilar OB3 pre, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Eden Metro Rig, and a Peavey MKIV head and SWR Triad for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
02. Merton:
03. Silddx:
04. Hamster:
05. WalMan:
06. Jakesbass:
07. Happy Jack: Kit: PJB Bass Buddy, Rolls PM1, Line 6 Studio 110 + 3 sets of headphones. Basses: The people will decide.
08. Ped: Vigier Passion II with Marleaux and Roland GK electronics, Roland Vbass unit, 1u 800w digital poweramp, SWR 4x8 and 1x15
09. 51m0n:
10. obbm:
11. jhk
12. Stingray5: Musicman, Tune, Fender, Westone basses; Trace Elliot GP12SMX combo + 2x10/2x5, Boss GT6-B

[quote name='Clarky' post='952594' date='Sep 11 2010, 11:34 AM']....couple of basses. Most likely my Alembic Spoiler, as I reckon most will never have seen/played one of these, and my 72 Precision....[/quote]
Hey Clarky, why don't you just bring the Alembic and kill two birds with one stone? Hahaha!!

After a bit of discussion with obbm, I have realised that this is actually the 4th SE Bash, so I have amended the thread title accordingly..Just a little technicality but these things still matter :)

I have also updated the attendees list on the first post, which I think is correct now, thus far?

Gotta say a quick thanks to bassace for last year's double bass workshop with jakesbass; shame you can't make it this year Roger, but have a good gig!!

Also, some good ideas there about a mini-market and inviting luthiers such as RIM or ACG; doesn anyone know those guys personally and want to send them an invitation?

Chris; you have to bring the 1516 because i've always wanted to hear one in action :rolleyes:

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='Stingray5' post='953555' date='Sep 12 2010, 02:14 PM']Already posted to say I'm in but not on the updated list so I've added myself. Hope that's ok.
I note Clarky and bottle not there either though they have said they're coming. Do people need to add themselves after all (copy/paste etc) or does that complicate things? :)[/quote]

Yes please; it'll make it easier if people can update it by adding their name and their equipment to the list once they decide if they're coming and what they're bringing...That way, we can try to work out the best mix of equiment, particulary amps & cabs..

List updated now..

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='954018' date='Sep 12 2010, 08:50 PM']After a bit of discussion with obbm, I have realised that this is actually the 4th SE Bash, so I have amended the thread title accordingly..Just a little technicality but these things still matter :)[/quote]

Cheers Nick

Not sure what I will bring yet.

It might be my new PJB Cub if PJB and Bass Direct can get their fingers out. It's already 6 weeks late.

It might be my new ACG Headless 5, if it's finished by then.

It might be the Shuker PJ5.

It might be an Orange AD200B with Epifani UL212.

It might be PJB D200 with headphones - nice one for Jack's room.

Otherwise it'll be the same old stuff, SR5 with Status neck, Lakland Duck Dunn PJ4, Godin fretless 5, etc.

perhaps a few cables, who knows.

Maybe nothing, it'll just be nice to see everyone again especially as I was incapacitated last year.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='954018' date='Sep 12 2010, 08:50 PM']After a bit of discussion with obbm, I have realised that this is actually the 4th SE Bash, so I have amended the thread title accordingly..Just a little technicality but these things still matter :)

I have also updated the attendees list on the first post, which I think is correct now, thus far?

Gotta say a quick thanks to bassace for last year's double bass workshop with jakesbass; shame you can't make it this year Roger, but have a good gig!!

Also, some good ideas there about a mini-market and inviting luthiers such as RIM or ACG; doesn anyone know those guys personally and want to send them an invitation?

Chris; you have to bring the 1516 because i've always wanted to hear one in action :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hey mate

'll bring the 1516, the M-Pulse 600 head, and my DB. I won't bring any Fenders 'cos, let's face, everyone knows what a Fender P's like! I'm quite selfish in bringing my DB in that, although I'm more than happy for anyone and everyone to play it, I'd also appreciate the opinion of the more knowledgeable DBers as to set up, action, tone etc.

Cheers

C

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='954386' date='Sep 13 2010, 09:23 AM']Count me in.

My equipment list is on my profile page - I'll bring anything that anyone expresses an interest in (so, I'll be travelling light then :) )

S.P.[/quote]

Bring the Sinsonido along - I've never seen a fretless one.

99% sure I'll be there. Probably won't bring a lot of stuff, just a bass or 2, Hartke HA7000, 2x10 cab and maybe my UB-1 + g****r amp.

A

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='953001' date='Sep 11 2010, 06:47 PM']aaaahm, looking doubtful for me, unfortunately. :)[/quote]

Likewise...

Can someone do us 'ex-pats who live in the arse end of nowhere' a favour and take a shitload of piccies to post after the event please? Just to make us really jealous, obviously :rolleyes: