Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash Year 4, Surrey, 27th November 2010

silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='971405' date='Sep 29 2010, 09:05 AM']Please let me know if you want anything added to the list![/quote]
Not sure about basses, could be just my Precision special, but deffo EBS cabs (yep, both the 4x10 and 1x15), maybe a couple of 1x12's, and my GK head

HTH, Ian

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='970335' date='Sep 28 2010, 08:37 AM']While you're updating Nik, looks like I've now sold the Lowdown Studio 110 so best knock that off the list.

To replace it, I shall bring along another device you can play through with headphones ... think of that as my Mystery Guest.

:)[/quote]

If I'm able to make it I don't mind bringing along my line6 studio 110 aswell if wanted.

I'll ask a mate if he'dlike to come along as he loves bass but has never joined the site (plus its quite a drive which could be boring)

[quote name='obbm' post='971444' date='Sep 29 2010, 09:52 AM']Hi Nick, you can put me down for Godin A5 fretless, Shuker PJ5, PJB Cub, PJB-D200, Lakland PJ Duck Dunn and Sony headphones. I should be able to get it all in the Smart.[/quote]

If I can negotiate a day pass I'll give you a lift Dave, and I will add to the PJB love with my PJB M-300 and a 6B cab, plus my Veillette basses.

[quote name='walbassist' post='981440' date='Oct 8 2010, 11:48 AM']If I can negotiate a day pass I'll give you a lift Dave, and I will add to the PJB love with my PJB M-300 and a 6B cab, plus my Veillette basses.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Gareth but I'll now be taking the Merc as I 'd also like to take the TecAmp Pleasure Board to enhance the headphones.

[quote name='obbm' post='981456' date='Oct 8 2010, 12:05 PM']Thanks for the offer Gareth but I'll now be taking the Merc as I 'd also like to take the TecAmp Pleasure Board to enhance the headphones.[/quote]

If that Pleasure Board is the thingy you stand on when playing, I'd LURVE to have a go on it. :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='981589' date='Oct 8 2010, 02:07 PM']If that Pleasure Board is the thingy you stand on when playing, I'd LURVE to have a go on it. :)[/quote]

It is indeed. Just the thing for your room.

This might sound like a daft thing to say but would it be of value to anyone other than myself if someone were able to demonstrate how various amp settings - low gain/high gain, different EQ settings etc - affect the sound. Happy to volunteer my TE rig for the purpose. It is something I just never seem to get time to do it at rehearsal as everyone is always noodling as soon as they get set up, so I press the 'pre-shape' and get on with it.

A good idea in principle (it must be - I've thought of suggesting it too! :) ) but an absolute bugger to demonstrate.

Different basses, different rigs, different venues, above all different bands.

Not saying 'No', far from it, just not sure how even a real expert on the subject (paging S1mon, paging S1mon) would actually present it.

I'm going!

I'll be bringing:

1 x Yamaha BB2024x
1 x Yamaha BB2025x
1 x Spector NS5-XL
1 x Mesa Walkabout Scout 12" combo
1 x Mesa Carbine M6
2 x Bergantino AE210
Assorted FX

Looking forward to catching up with those of you I've met before and saying hi to those I haven't met yet.

See you all soon.

Sean

[quote name='Paul S' post='981682' date='Oct 8 2010, 03:24 PM']This might sound like a daft thing to say but would it be of value to anyone other than myself if someone were able to demonstrate how various amp settings - low gain/high gain, different EQ settings etc - affect the sound. Happy to volunteer my TE rig for the purpose. It is something I just never seem to get time to do it at rehearsal as everyone is always noodling as soon as they get set up, so I press the 'pre-shape' and get on with it.[/quote]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='981690' date='Oct 8 2010, 03:31 PM']A good idea in principle (it must be - I've thought of suggesting it too! :) ) but an absolute bugger to demonstrate.

Different basses, different rigs, different venues, above all different bands.

Not saying 'No', far from it, just not sure how even a real expert on the subject (paging S1mon, paging S1mon) would actually present it.[/quote]

Well I'd certainly be up for an informal chat about anything like bass tones and stuff - thats why I'm going, I'm hoping to learn something :lol:

I'm pretty sure that by the time I've finished yacking about compressors the last thing anyone will want is me to talk more about, well anything actually!

Alex C is comng along, he's a reknowned talker about all things bass tone, and a chap who really knows his beans, maybe he'll fill in on this one?

If anyone who is going has a Boogie 400+ I'd really appreciate it if they brought it along and let me put it through my Berg cabs. I've had gas for one for years and I need to be convinced either way, finally, once and for ever whether I want one.

And if anyone's got a VBA400 it would be cool if that could be there too. Maybe a monster valve amp off on the day?

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Merton' post='969399' date='Sep 27 2010, 12:58 PM']Can we add MikeyR to the list as well? He'll be bringing my multiscale if it's finished, and prob his Shuker P and maybe the multiscale proto if he can carry it all :)[/quote]

Hey, sorry Im late to the thread, I'll be along with the small blue one and the big brown one with the wonky frets. If I dont get the Mertbass done in time I'll try and bring it along anyway just for laughs.

[quote name='Sean' post='982320' date='Oct 9 2010, 09:44 AM']If anyone who is going has a Boogie 400+ I'd really appreciate it if they brought it along and let me put it through my Berg cabs. I've had gas for one for years and I need to be convinced either way, finally, once and for ever whether I want one.

And if anyone's got a VBA400 it would be cool if that could be there too. Maybe a monster valve amp off on the day?[/quote]
Howsabout an ancient Superbass 100?

UPDATED LIST:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Eden Metro Rig, and a Peavey MKIV head and SWR Triad for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
02. Merton: Status Retroactive J, Eden WT550 and Barefaced Vintage, & multiscale 5er
03. Silddx:
04. Hamster:
05. WalMan: Wal Custom, pair of G&L L2500s, Markbass Combo, Epifani Cab, Marshall Superbass 100, Bass Pod Pro xt
06. Jakesbass:
07. Happy Jack: Kit: PJB Bass Buddy, Rolls PM1, ‘Mystery Guest’ + 3 sets of headphones. Basses: The people will decide.
08. Ped: Vigier Passion II with Marleaux and Roland GK electronics, Roland Vbass unit, 1u 800w digital poweramp, SWR 4x8 and 1x15
09. 51m0n: Bergantino AE410, Markbass SA450, Roscoe CS 5, Pedal board with various bits of lovely goodness, Bergantino HT210 and HT115, Ibby BTB470
10. obbm: Godin A5 fretless, Shuker PJ5, PJB Cub, PJB-D200, Lakland PJ Duck Dunn, TecAmp Pleasure Board and Sony headphones
11. jhk
12. Stingray5: Musicman, Tune, Fender, Westone basses; Trace Elliot GP12SMX combo + 2x10/2x5, Boss GT6-B
13. Beedster: Mesa 1516, 2 sunburst Fenders
14. Andy
15. sockdeluxe_mikey: lakland 44-01, Markbass SA450, EBS 112 Neo:
16. Clarky: stealth black Alembic Spoiler, TC 450 and RS112 cab or Markbass CMD121P combo
17. Bottle: Precision special, EBS cabs (yep, both the 4x10 and 1x15), maybe a couple of 1x12's, and my GK head
18. Truckstop
19. Bloodaxe
20. Waynepunkdude: SX Bass
21. Barneyg42
22. essexbasscat
23. Stylon Pilson
24. Kraken
25. Alien
26. Bassmanady: Yamaha TRB5P
27. Clauster
28. Paul S: Trace Elliot AH300-12 + 2103H
29. Cetera: Spector basses, Wal bass, Sansamp RBI/RPM rig, Genz 212
30. Mikey R: Shuker P, multiscale 5er
31. TomKent: Eden Nemesis 250 Combo, Fretless P-Bass and my J-Bass
32. Urb
33. charic: line6 studio 110
34. Alex Claber: Barefaced cabs, RIM bass
35. walbassist: PJB M-300 and a 6B cab, plus my Veillette basses.
36. sean: Yamaha BB2024x, Yamaha BB2025, Spector NS5-XL, Mesa Walkabout Scout 12" combo, Mesa Carbine M6, 2 x Bergantino AE210, Assorted FX
37. thestick: various basses
38. Plux_the_Duck: see 51m0n list above

[quote name='Paul S' post='981682' date='Oct 8 2010, 03:24 PM']This might sound like a daft thing to say but would it be of value to anyone other than myself if someone were able to demonstrate how various amp settings - low gain/high gain, different EQ settings etc - affect the sound. Happy to volunteer my TE rig for the purpose. It is something I just never seem to get time to do it at rehearsal as everyone is always noodling as soon as they get set up, so I press the 'pre-shape' and get on with it.[/quote]

This is a great idea if it can be sorted out; perhaps as a workshop in the quiet room area?

[quote name='51m0n' post='982200' date='Oct 9 2010, 12:22 AM']Well I'd certainly be up for an informal chat about anything like bass tones and stuff - thats why I'm going, I'm hoping to learn something :)

I'm pretty sure that by the time I've finished yacking about compressors the last thing anyone will want is me to talk more about, well anything actually!

Alex C is comng along, he's a reknowned talker about all things bass tone, and a chap who really knows his beans, maybe he'll fill in on this one?[/quote]

Alex - what do you think?? Perhaps this could follow on from the compressor talk....

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='986396' date='Oct 12 2010, 11:00 PM']Alex - what do you think?? Perhaps this could follow on from the compressor talk...[/quote]

Sounds good to me. I think maybe the best way to do this is with a multitracker and some parametric EQ twiddling on a mix - I'll see what I can knock up...