Why become a member? ×

Old Horse Murphy RIP

Rich

Sad loss of an alround nice bloke My sincere condolences to Alice…,.

Anyone up for opening a just giving page for Cancer research in memory of OHM I would gladly donate ?

So sad to hear this news. I did business with Nick and exchanged messages over the years. A great ambassador for Basschat and all things low end. Rest easy my friend.

• Like 1

Oh man, I only just saw this.  I once bought some pickups from Nick about 10+years ago - came across a a really top bloke and I always kept an eye out for him on here after that.

I was always amazed at some of the stellar basses that passed through his hands.

RIP Nick. 

Edited by Huge Hands

@Rich are you able to make Alice aware of this thread, so she can read the comments and tributes from fellow BCer's? Nick was well liked and respected on the forum and I would imagine she would appreciate seeing this?

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 12

Very sad to read this, I had no idea about his 11yr battle….

I only met him once, in 2021, but it stood out. I agreed to buy a green Stingray Special 5 from him and we agreed to meet a month or so later when I was on holiday in the Forest of Dean. When I got there, he had two Stingray Special 5s with him. “I thought you might want to try them both in case you liked the other one better” he said. Amazing generosity. I did like the other one better, bought it and that thoughtfulness stayed with me. 

Thinking of his wife and family. 

• Like 8

On 23/03/2024 at 11:32, Clarky said:

@Rich are you able to make Alice aware of this thread, so she can read the comments and tributes from fellow BCer's? Nick was well liked and respected on the forum and I would imagine she would appreciate seeing this?

Good idea, I've done that -- she sends her thanks to you all.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

I've only just read this tread...

Rest in peace Nick. 🙏

I'm sending blessings and prayers to friends, family and all who had the pleasure of having Nick in their lives.

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Shocked and saddened to read this.

One of the regulars probably since I joined in 2008 or whatever.

Only communicated through PM but a gentleman every time - Will certainly be remembered alongside the core members that have passed.

Thank you and RIP.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness - I've only just heard this news about Nick. 

Like many others here , I had absolutely no idea about his battle with cancer, which yet again, has taken one of the good ones far too soon. 

I am truly shocked and saddened... 

Despite never buying and selling basses from each other, I had plenty of comms with Nick over the last 18 years or so, which were always a pleasure... 

He was a gentleman through and through and his kindness was only marginally secondary to his love of music and basses, I'd say. 

Sending my sincere condolences to his wife and family.

RIP Nick - you are, already, very much missed!  😥

• Like 6