Why become a member? ×

Rolling Stones new album!?

solo4652

12 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

The images of the band all looked like manipulated clips from previous videos, and I'm sure I spotted Bill Wyman in one or two.

Mick Taylor was in a couple as well... 

8 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Shame we didn't get to see Darryl in the video — I think next year he'll have been in the band for as long as Bill was.

But Daryl isn't actually a member like Bill - he and Steve Jordan are (presumably, very well paid) hired hands... 

Edited by peteb

2 minutes ago, peteb said:

Not bad, but I would have thought that it might be a bit more than that 

I'm more than happy to step into his shows for $1M. I'll even supply my own strings. In fact, he can have my job and we'll swap roles, I'm sure he loves looking at contracts, trying to work out the best way to deliver IT projects. I'll train him up in MS Teams (just in case he doesn't know), I'll introduce hime to all the people in the team, he can make a weekly contribution to the coffee and biscuit club, if he wants he can even join the lottery club, where we all split the winnings, Tracy from HR runs that.

Compared to, what, stepping out on stage with a couple of setptugarians, this role is far more exciting and has a career path and possibly even a pension.

Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Providing all expenses were covered I’d do it for my salary. Imagine being able to say “ My job is being the bassist for The Rolling Stones”. Not ‘arf.

Come on Lozz, I've heard you play. Don't sell yourself short. Bragging rights are nothing without living in Monaco for tax reasons.

In saying that, I'd play bass for The Who any day. It'd be back to the 4 piece setup with full on "free-form rampage" bass playing. None of this safe as houses gloopy bass getting played by that American session musician who looks like an iced gem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boodang said:

Age isn't relevant, it's whether you have something musically interesting to say. Not particularly a Stones fan but had a listen to Angry and was pleasantly surprised. 

hmmm I don't hear anything musically interesting in this new track. It's sort of similar to Start Me Up but fed through autotune

• Like 1

That single sounds like an 80's American power rock big hair chart tune...Utterly predictable chord shapes...awful thick compressed sound...Mick on autotune? NFW! Yep, all nice and safe for the modern world which really is the definition of 'sold out'.

Luckily for me my music box has the antidote. Paint it, Brown Sugar, Honky, Wild Horses, Angie and Miss You for starters...That's better.

Edited by greavesbass

15 hours ago, Boodang said:

Age isn't relevant, it's whether you have something musically interesting to say. Not particularly a Stones fan but had a listen to Angry and was pleasantly surprised. 

angry seems to tick all the boxes except it lacks that definable killer hook ...which is a bit of a deal breaker, but i can understand why they want to still keep their hand in with making a new album because the moment they stop trying then they become a bit of a where are they now tribute band, but touring for them is the ultimate payoff for their aging egos ...nothing like playing live in front of millions with an unrivalled back catalogue but still being able to say "this is a new one off our latest album". 

Edited by Musicman666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cato said:

Blimey, just seen the video.

It's like something Whitesnake or Poison would have put out in the 80s.

Probably why I liked it.....😎

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

It would have been hilarious if when casting for the cavorting woman in the video they chose someone age approriate for Mick, Keef & Ron.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

On 30/08/2023 at 00:14, chris_b said:

There are some pretty stupid posts in this thread. Shame on you.

Any musicians who want to gig and make records should do just that. More power to them.

This........... They are musicians. Its obviously their passion. They dont need the money. Too many cynics around. Alot of people love the Stones. Let them play until they cant anymore. Not many bands have lasted this long. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, grenadillabama said:

What do you suppose the sidemen and singers get per month when the Stones are not touring, recording, or rehearsing ? 

Probably nothing. When they are working I would imagine they get paid well enough to cover lay-offs.

For what it's worth. . . . a quick search lists Darryl Jones net worth at $8 million.

Good on 'em for still going strong at their age(s). They are still massive crowd pullers, so I should imagine the album will do very well.

I quite liked the video and do like the Stones, but with this track, nah, not for me. I was pretty bored musically after a couple of minutes.