Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros feedback

BassBeast

Hello team,

Bass Bros. “Will” wants to buy a bass from me. Tells me that he’ll collect by courier and pay me once it’s been received and checked over. 

Has anyone done this?

Although his website is there selling basses etc…I’ve never sold a bass like this before. 

Any experiences?

Haven’t dealt with them directly (yet, though they usually have one or two basses that make me hover above the ‘buy’ button), but the existing thread on them on here, and the endorsements above, back them up pretty soundly.

As has been mentioned, they’re a small business. They have to protect themselves against being screwed over too. Payment on receipt and checking of the instrument isn’t that unusual a concept tbh, and makes sense for them as an independent retailer. Always best to check though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BassBeast said:

Hello team,

Bass Bros. “Will” wants to buy a bass from me. Tells me that he’ll collect by courier and pay me once it’s been received and checked over. 

Has anyone done this?

Although his website is there selling basses etc…I’ve never sold a bass like this before. 

Any experiences?

Did you contact Bass Bros and offer up your bass? Because as far as I know it's the only way they would offer to buy your bass. I have sold two guitars to Will and bought one from him. 100% recommend. No issues,excellent communication,gave fair price both times and money transferred in to my bank straight away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rayman said:

Personally I’d be telling him to do one mate.

Can't tell if this is because of suspected false identity, or something else?

Will and BassBros are 100% trustworthy and reliable, and asking to check the bass before handing over money is 100% how any bass shop would do it, they're never going to take a risk on something sight unseen.   

Though if I was you, you're close enough to Leamington to justify taking the afternoon and going down there, rather than risking couriers or worrying about sending your bass to a stranger.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Rayman said:

Hi, 

We (Bassbros) are a registered business/ physical shop, not sure why you'd think we're out to scam people but understand there's a lot of individuals doing this sort of thing. Just to be clear also, we were contacted by the OP and asked to purchase his bass. Believe me it's more sketchy us paying random people money before receiving a bass! If it's someone we have worked with, etc before it's a different story. There's plenty of feedback to go off on the internet and here. That being said it has to be something both parties are confident with so if you're worried about it then best to leave it or come up in person when you can.

Thanks 

Will 

BassBros 

Edited by Willfunk
  • Like 15

19 hours ago, Rayman said:

Just in case anyone thought I had beef… I don’t!

I’ve had no dealings with them, but from the OP info, it sounded like an odd transaction. I stand corrected.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BassBeast said:

Hello team,

Has anyone done this?

Any experiences?

Just ring up the number on the website (that you have Googled) and ask to speak with Will and then take it from there. You are right to be cautious as there are scammers about but it appears the 'Will' who has posted on this thread is genuine.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have dealt with BB twice, the first one went without a hitch. There was a problem with the 2nd one - not BB's fault or mine (too tedious to go into here). BB handled it magnificently. I would not hesitate to use them again. 

I bought a bass off him. When it arrived, the colour was nothing like the bass that was advertised; the hue/saturation was totally different. And, no, it wasn't any of my computer monitors.

I later discovered a couple of tall frets. which weren't mentioned.

There has also been an issue where I added a bass to my basket, only to be told it had been sold. 

The above are enough for me to pass in future,