Why become a member? ×

Get in... a 'new' Fender line up!

warwickhunt

Don't get it?

So what bit wasn't ...Built to original specs... that, recreates our iconic Fender electric guitar and bass models from the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s... those same, legendary classics that have transcended genre and generation to inspire the greatest artists of all time... , Last time?

I thought a Vintage Re-do was a permanent range?

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Haha 1

When introduced as a 'new, improved' Telecaster model, the Thinline cost roughly two week's wages ($375; average US salary at the time : $7800...). Things have changed...
Wasn't nitro-cellulose deemed a health hazard a while back, and phased out, generally..? How 'green' are the 'new' 'vintage' finishes (or doesn't that worry some Americans any more..?)..? :/

This puts the cat amongst the tonewood pigeons: -

“NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISHES

These vintage finishes not only let the body breathe with its true tonal character, they also age in a distinctly personal way.”

All those poly finishes must be suffocating the tonal character of your instrument so those arguments about which wood is better are pointless if you don’t have a nitro finish. 😮

Who knew?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

When introduced as a 'new, improved' Telecaster model, the Thinline cost roughly two week's wages ($375; average US salary at the time : $7800...). Things have changed...
Wasn't nitro-cellulose deemed a health hazard a while back, and phased out, generally..? How 'green' are the 'new' 'vintage' finishes (or doesn't that worry some Americans any more..?)..? :/

Everything is carcinogenic in California. Can't remember what I bought recently - but it had a warning.

On first view at the link, I did a little gasp thinking that Fender had ceased production of the post-50s Precision bass, only to see it relegated to the 'other models in this range' status.

Oh, tee-hee.  Silly me.

I've always had a soft spot for the early Precision bass, but not enough to pull the trigger and lose £2.4K from my bank account for that one trick pony.

1 minute ago, NancyJohnson said:

Can you imagine the backlash if Ford were still making these:

RESIZED_1924_Ford_Model_T_brochure_NAHC_

If they had the same relative cost as those Fender offerings, they would be a bargain, I'd say. Not many new cars around, still less coupés, for sixteen grand. They cost between two and four month's average salary at the time (1928...). Current equivalent would be eight to sixteen thousand. The Thinline, on the other hand, costs far more than its original issue. :|