Why become a member? ×

NYE gigs! Who's playing and where?

cetera

So who is lucky enough to have a NYE gig this year? I hate NYE (overhyped nonsense) so am happy to be playing for other people and getting paid for it....

I'll be at The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne with The CoStars. What are you guys & gals doing?

• Like 6

I'm going to ask the band if they fancy playing (in the studio) Nye afternoon just for the fun of it. We don't go out on new years anyway. Haven't for years, and the band is very much part of our social lives. So maybe just a few mates round if any of them want to attend. I might even do a live broadcast on YouTube just for the hell of it. 

• Like 3

We’ve been booked at the same venue for the last two years, only not been able to do because of Covid, so this year is finally going ahead and I’m pleased, decent wage, no promotion or marketing for us to do, ticket sales to worry about etc, just rock up and play. It’s a restaurant in Hereford who are putting a big buffet and treating it  as a party for their staff and friends. 

• Like 6

I am playing in a working mens club in Stoke Sub Hamdon. I know, sounds small but I am sure it is going to be packed and looking forward to it. It is our last gig with our current guitarist (again - we did this before but now we have a new guitarist), and should be good fun.

Reminds me, i need to put an advert up!

Beats watching Jools on the telly!

• Like 2

I've not been at home for a NYE for about 15 years now, we're playing the same place as last year, and the same place I do a weekly Jam Night hosting gig (I'm playing there tonight, too, with a different band), so it's very much a Usual gig...just more money... 😁

• Like 2

We’re at the Broomhall Hutt in Sunningdale. Decent sized pub with a ticket only bash limited to the regulars. Probably just around 100 people coming for some decent food and a bit of a jump around. Should be a coked up chav free zone hopefully 🙂 I’m looking forward to it 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paddy109 said:

NYE, ABBA, drunken crowd - sounds an absolute blast!

Exactly! I've been playing NYE with my 90's cover band for 7 years and that was always great fun too. The band quit a few years back and this is an excellent replacement.

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 2

We're at the Star and Garter in Manchester for their "traditional" punk New Year's Eve, with HomerSapien, Us (Choked), Vomit and Ed Banger and The Nosebleeds/Slaughter 2.

Our concession to the festive season is me playing 8 bars of "Auld Lang Syne" with max distortion as an intro to our anti-hunting song. I may wear a kilt!

• Like 1

I’m in Scarborough at a hotel, as part of a 4 piece band.

Not the same one we’ve done for the last few years, so will

be good to have a change of venue and audience. Arrive 7.30pm, finish

around 12.30am then hopefully home by 2am. Always worked NYE for

many years with no problems, and means I can watch Hootenanny the

next day - I’m one of the few people on here who actually enjoy it. 

Happy New Year everyone! 😊

• Like 3

Nothing doing this year. The last one we did pre COVID was a hall in a wee coastal village, fun gig for everyone except the singer who was full of the (non COVID) lurgy and dutifully passed it onto us for our enjoyment a few days later.

If you're gigging, have a good one!

• Like 1

We're playing The Barley Pop in Germantown, 3:00-6:00. This is our 3rd year playing this gig.

Our band leader and husband are hosting an after party at their home.

A long night for an "Old Timer" like me.

Merry Christmas guys. Play, have fun and get home safely on New Years Eve.

Blue

.facebook_1671842889560_7012217319062222396.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1