Why become a member? ×

Things I'd like manufacturers to do...

la bam

Epiphone - Put out high quality, authentic, affordable reissues of Grabber/Ripper & G3 basses, like you did with the Tbird Vintage Pro.

Spector - Make the Euro X a standard model (& reverse X). Make 'metallic purple' a standard colour on Euro models. Change all necks to Kramer dimensions and round off the body shape at the base (as per old look). Stop chasing the 'look at me' instagrammers for promotion. Reward your most loyal customers/users ;)

Jackson - stop with the horrific 'PJ meets Ricky' stylings and get back to making proper active thru neck PJ loaded rock 'monsters' again!

Rickenbacker - sort your attitude, your QC and your pricing. Get a Euro factory to make a competitively priced version of your most popular model.

Darkglass..... enough already!

Gallien-Krueger - Reissue authentic sounding 400RB/800RB heads in smaller housing like the Legacy heads.

Fender - make a collection of 70's P & PJ Precision basses with Jazz necks, bound & blocked. Choice of classic body colours and maple/rosewood boards.

Edited by cetera
Added more info
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, cetera said:

Epiphone - Put out high quality, authentic, affordable reissues of Grabber/Ripper & G3 basses, like you did with the Tbird Vintage Pro.

Spector - Make the Euro X a standard model. Stop chasing the 'look at me' instagrammers for promotion. Reward your most loyal customers/users ;)

Jackson - stop with the horrific 'PJ meets Ricky' stylings and get back to making proper active thru neck PJ loaded rock 'monsters' again!

Rickenbacker - sort your attitude, your QC and your pricing. Get a Euro factory to make a competitively priced version of your most popular model.

Darkglass..... enough already!

Gallien-Krueger - Reissue authentic sounding 400RB/800RB heads in smaller housing like the Legacy heads.

Fender - make a collection of 70's P & PJ Precision basses with Jazz necks, bound & blocked. Choice of classic body colours and maple/rosewood boards.

Hard to argue with any of these. Imagine, an Epiphone Grabber! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Hard to argue with any of these. Imagine, an Epiphone Grabber! 

How about  an Epiphone RD Artist? Maybe chambered, so old guys can hold it for more than 5 minutes....

Totally agree with power switch on the front...

All bass manufacturers...stop with the baseball bat necks already!

Spector-make a version of the Spectercore fretless with a hard-finished fretboard, like a pentabuzz.....

32 minutes ago, Cato said:

Fender put the Bass VI into all your ranges and offer it in something other than sunburst/tort.

Squier do the FSR Classic Vibe Bass VI in various non burst colours, including Shell Pink, Lake Placid

blue, Purple Metallic and Walnut. 😊

• Like 1

My VI was the first Squier I’ve ever purchased. No complaints. I’m happy Fender made it available as an inexpensive import. Vintage and Custom Shop would be beyond my discretionary budget. 
I spend more time on it than I ever expected to.

Mayones - stop with those stubby Cali 4 basses. They may be fine for Tyrion Lannister but ugh!

Non Fender manufacturers - stop churning out endless P and J basses. 

Bass and amp manufacturers - I second what another said about black amps, which I'll extend to basses. 

Bass effects manufacturers - please come up with a unit that emulates the Roland TB303.

Bass manufacturers- stop with the sunburst finish. It's a look that belongs in the 60s.

Bass manufacturers  - enough with ERBs please. They're a gimmick that's past their rightful expiry period. And they're mostly fugly.

Warwick - why do you still design basses with body parts that look like marital aids?