Why become a member? ×

Things I'd like manufacturers to do...

la bam

6 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

As well as being one of the worst bands ever, to me KISS stand for everything that's rank about crass, unfettered consumerism on this planet. Gene Simmons is a colossal t0$$3r. I can objectively see one or two merits in most bands I can't stand but not KISS.

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley have always made it clear that KISS was a business. They've made a good living out of KISS and they have a huge global following. Cant fault them for that. Lot of bands would love to have played the venues they've played and earned that kind of money. Takes a lot of work at the outset. Have to say i'm not a huge fan but i do like some of their albums with Destroyer being one of my all time fav albums.

Can't say i'd buy an axe bass or something like that but i did like the Staccato bass he used once.

I did buy a Geddy Signature bass (CIJ version) and i'm a Rush fan but it was in a sale and had better reviews than the US versions so it was a good buy for me. Its still one of the best Jazz basses i've ever played and there's been a few. Amazing tone and neck feel with a lovely low action. Its a keeper. 

Wouldn't buy one of the expensive custom shop signature basses tho. Silly money.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

4 minutes ago, neepheid said:

What do you expect when their parent company can't even do reissues/tributes properly?

image.thumb.png.3a54c22bfe0dd6f504c4f0dab544ae17.png image.png.0cb3223a97db9cfad935ded76fd63ad9.png

Left - original 70s G-3

Right - Grabber 3 70s "Tribute"

I played one of the Tributes at a Dawsons store when they came out.  Action was about 15mm at the 12th fret.  Makes you wonder whether guy doing QC that day was allowed to bring his guide dog in or not.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

I played one of the Tributes at a Dawsons store when they came out.  Action was about 15mm at the 12th fret.  Makes you wonder whether guy doing QC that day was allowed to bring his guide dog in or not.

Look at the state of this strap button on one of the ones I bought (and sent back)

image.thumb.png.66e804988449fad74b74e3d052981e4b.pngimage.thumb.png.6f3e08ed26867cf0e96bb92f80e31395.png

The second attempt went back because of terrible buzzing from the electrics.  Bang up job, Gibson.  Home run.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

Trace Elliott (Peavey) make a 500w Elf 😎

What would a 500w Elf offer that the dozens of other solid state 500w amps don't already offer? 

I'd really like a modern TE SMX amp with the 11 band EQ that is loud and doesn't go up in smoke and doesn't require a crane to shift it. I loved the sound of my old SMX but I blew it up three times and it wasn't loud enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boodang said:

Where are the resin fingerboard fretless basses? And I don't mean high end stuff like Pedulla used to make (as good as it was), but something at a reasonable cost like the old Squier VM jazz, now sadly out of production. 

Always thought the old Squier jazz had a nice tone and i reckon it was down to the resin boards.

Dave

45 minutes ago, Boodang said:

Where are the resin fingerboard fretless basses? And I don't mean high end stuff like Pedulla used to make (as good as it was), but something at a reasonable cost like the old Squier VM jazz, now sadly out of production. 

I had an "ebanol" fretboard on a Hohner cricket bat bass back in the day.

One of the many problems with the totally shite excuse for a bass.

• Sad 1

Fender.

Re-release the HM bass.  Make sure you include red crackle finish.  Still regret selling mine.

Also, release the Charvel San Dimas bass with a decent preamp and black pickups.  Also, 5 string should be a PJ not JJ.   Also, re-release the Fusion series basses with the Blade pickups.  Regret selling mine.

Boss

Re-release the bass 3 band parametric EQ.  Still regret selling mine (notice a trend here?)

Ashdown - RM sized ABM, or at least an RM in ABM colours. Also standard variable fan that's only on when it's getting warm to allow it to be used at home without it sounding like someone is vacuuming in the next room.

Yamaha - Something modern that isn't a very slight variation on a previous model. Fanned fret RBX style I would probably go for as long as it isn't in a dull colour.

Dingwall - On/off Pickup selector switches rather than a 4 way which doesn't allow every pickup option. Not sure if this is viable wiring wise however.

Late to the party but this is going to be easy and probably sound a bit like a stuck record 😁

Fender: Make a standard US Jazz and Precision with an unlined fretless neck. Ideally an Ebony board but Rosewood is fine as long as its unlined then that'll do.

Fender: Make an American Vintage or Japanese FSR Precision with an unlined fretless neck based on your original 70's and first fretless bass. Even better if you made two, one with a maple fretless neck and another with a rosewood fretless neck.

Musicman: Make an EB SR4 with an unlined fretless neck. Even better if you offered a choice of board woods.

Ibanez: Make a Japanese SR with an unlined fretless neck. Even better if it's pretty with fancy woods and finishes.

Ibanez: Make a modern day version of the Ibanez Musician with an unlined fretless neck.

Yamaha: Just make a fretless bass god dammit and make it mid to high end with an unlined fretless neck.

Other: Someone make me a pedal so that I sound like a cello, with the option to have lots of reverb or delay for long sustained notes and also octave so I sound like an orchestra 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

Late to the party but this is going to be easy and probably sound a bit like a stuck record 😁

Fender: Make a standard US Jazz and Precision with an unlined fretless neck. Ideally an Ebony board but Rosewood is fine as long as its unlined then that'll do.

Fender: Make an American Vintage or Japanese FSR Precision with an unlined fretless neck based on your original 70's and first fretless bass. Even better if you made two, one with a maple fretless neck and another with a rosewood fretless neck.

Musicman: Make an EB SR4 with an unlined fretless neck. Even better if you offered a choice of board woods.

Ibanez: Make a Japanese SR with an unlined fretless neck. Even better if it's pretty with fancy woods and finishes.

Ibanez: Make a modern day version of the Ibanez Musician with an unlined fretless neck.

Yamaha: Just make a fretless bass god dammit and make it mid to high end with an unlined fretless neck.

Other: Someone make me a pedal so that I sound like a cello, with the option to have lots of reverb or delay for long sustained notes and also octave so I sound like an orchestra 😁

I get the feeling you want an unlined fretless. Maybe santa will be good to you :santa2:

Dave 😂

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, la bam said:

How about a newer universal rack size now theres so much class d amps out there? 

And yes, then follow it up with mandatory rack ears.

Also then new rack tuners, sansamps, preamps and fx in the new rack standard size - instead of 19".

Good point. You end up with racke ears that are bgger than the amp itself LOL