Why become a member? ×

Things I'd like manufacturers to do...

la bam

Ashdown - put a tuner in the space of an extra vu meter.

Ampeg - release an updated Yamaha manufactured new class d or a/b Ampeg head and cab. Maybe with a graphic like a mini svt4.

Or a new lighter and affordable a/b head. £1200 for a svt3 is a bit expensive to take a risk on.

And lighter cabs.

EBS - get into more shops so we can test them out in the flesh.

Ernie Ball - sort the stingray ray34 quality control out.

Laney - make that digbeth vertical 410 a lot lighter.

Quilter - make a new bass amp with a bit of bass colour and drive. And sort the di into a true xlr di rather than the line out jack.

Hartke - smaller a/b version of the classic amp with mixable valve and solid state and a graphic eq. And sort the distribution out so we can see them in the shops.

Fender - high end amp. I like the rumble but how about something more full on?

McGregor - the amp specs look great and feature packed. These need better promotion. They need a bit of a refreshed look if possible too.

Trace elliot - lightweight cabs. The 30kg new cabs miss the mark for me.

Barefaced - just toughpaint all the cabs, get rid of the tolex.

Markbass - get some consistency instead of being inconsistency wacky! Their whole amp range has everything I'd ever want (DI, mute, eq, valve drive, compression, usb, fx, 2 channel) but its spread across about 7 amps! Just put the features into 1 amp :)

....and re release the stu amp (if possible with a comprehensive 10 band eq).

Tech 21 - how about an amp version of a more detailed fly rig - x2 sansamp, chorus, tuner, octave, di etc.

All manufactures who make these new style combos with the built in vertical heads - make them so you can attach a spare head quickly in an emergency. Most at the moment have the speaker lead hidden trapped behind the amp, so the whole thing is redundant if the heads break.

Anyone else any ideas feel free to add....

Edited by la bam
  • Like 3

Orange Amplifiers make a 2x12 cab

Anyone please make a modular, extendable pedal board so that when it's full I can just buy another section to bolt on.

DR Strings I want 130 - 065 four string sets for very low tunings. Some green neons would be nice thanks

Edited by SteveXFR
  • Like 1

I’ll direct these fairly minor things at Fender initially as they’re what I generally buy, but can just as much apply to all.

All basses that have black scratchplates be fitted with black screws as standard.

Straplock buttons supplied with new basses.

Basses to come with an alternative scratchplate included (loved this with the black JMJ Mustang).

Also…

BC Rich - make a nice Mockingbird Double P shortie.

Gibson - kill the 3 point bridge off forever. Oh, and reissue the Flying V bass too.

Off the top of my head (and some tongue in cheek before responses from over-earnest brand defenders).

Ampeg - need to do a small, valve/hybrid head - Like a PF800 but more Boutique-y.

Ashdown - get rid of the VU - turn it into a tuner. A super light ABM too please.

Fender - I'd like to see 'Mini-esque' levels of customisation with new basses. Pick your colour/pickups/fretboard 

Musicman - lower your insane pricing - allow some form of customisation of orders if you don't.

Warwick - See above, and also some new designs please. You always make interesting, unique, designs, but, there's been nothing new for 10/15+ years. 

Markbass - slimline your range.  Your products all seem like the same thing, in different chassis.

Spector - you make possibly the best mass produced basses - stop marketing them solely to the rock and metal crowd. It does the basses a disservice.

Gibson - reissue your classic basses. Do you not like making cash or something? I want to see an import line of Grabbers and Rippers.

Barefaced - nothing. You are perfect. :D

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 1

Gibson - reissue the grabber/ripper/G3. And also sort out their pricing so they don't cost 2k.

Fender - release a Vintera 70s PBass with 40mm neck and 70s voiced pups.

Anyone - release a decent unmarked fretless for about 600ish and don't make it a burst jazz with no scratch plate.

• Like 2

If anyone is putting up a new bass brand, please do not use shapes of 1950's anymore. Enough is enough.

Light weight is one the best "inventions" of the last few decades.

Vigier & Status & Pedulla - wish you were here.

Glockenklang - keep up the good work.

• Like 5

Darkglass … get some hoodies back in the merch section … I really wanna buy one. And add tome Tremolo to the Darkglass Suite software. And maybe an octave pedal too.

Gibson … there are more elegant solutions than the 3point. And maybe an Epi Pro shortscale Tbird.  Might be nice to put a finer finish on the DC Jr. And don’t frig with Mesa. That train is right on track.

Rickenbacker … that 4005 XC was a wonderful thing , how about another short scale hollow body based on the 350 body. Black of course , and maybe with an included Vox Python strap.

Yamaha… overdue for another whack at the Flying Samurai , short scale this time.

Danelectro … reissue the Commando amp for the harp players. Hand wire it , make it right. A six string Longhorn bass would be a funky thing to see again. More colours again , please.

Fender… maybe a short scale upper end Squier Jagstang bass ?  Something cheap and trashy for the kids.(and me)
Bergantino … maybe a bookshelf speaker for home practise. If anybody could make a great one it would be Jim.

1 minute ago, TheGreek said:

All amp manufacturers - PUT THE POWER BUTTON ON THE FRONT WHERE WE CAN FIND IT!!!

No! I want the power button on the back next to the power socket - always.

Ashdown, yes to a tuner but more so, not white on baby blue background, lettering you have some hope of reading!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Because that is where you plug it in, it makes logical sense, turn it on when you have set it up. Why do you want the switch on the front, do you need to turn it off while you are gigging?

But I don't turn it on just because I've set it up. And at home, it's always plugged in. No, on the front, like the gentleman said. The Hiwatt way. B|

• Thanks 1