Why become a member? ×

Do you know how many basses etc you own

Ralf1e

I was counting up for the "how many bases do we own" thread.

At first count, it was 5, then it went up to 6 when I remembered the fretless. 7 with the uke bass and now 8, as I've still got my '73 P-bass, which I'm not allowed to have until November next year.

I also have 2 x electric, 2 x acoustic, a banjo and a regular uke.

I think I have a problem...

• Haha 1

From where I'm sat on the sofa I can see thirteen, and this is the room that supposed to be kept relatively bass tidy, ie not littered with them. 

There's lots more in other rooms but, as I can't see them at the moment, they don't count. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Maude said:

From where I'm sat on the sofa I can see thirteen, and this is the room that supposed to be kept relatively bass tidy, ie not littered with them. 

There's lots more in other rooms but, as I can't see them at the moment, they don't count. 

Thirteen is unlucky for some. I think you should buy another just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Two

Revelation P bass FL

Cort A6 (currently foresail)

But I have had 40+ in 11 years. Just couldn't afford to keep them all.  I have had four of the same, serially, which is a bit worrying:  Hohner B Bass VI, Sire. 

Edited by lownote
  • Like 1

I have an exel spreadsheet of my basses and guitars.

I also have an exel spreadsheet of the sold ones. (it's very large lol)

AND I have all my current one's serial numbers (this is mega important)

Recently I sold three on my 'Police/Sting basses' and a Rickenfaker, which leaves me 26.

My GAS has gone these days, I have literally lost interest in gear, unless it's something to help what ever band I'm in. Recent purchases are inears bits and pieces.

I do have a Brian May Super on order (these are the expensive production Red Specials, with the proper trem)

and I recently bought a signed Red Special (it was a promotion through BMG guitars to punters who had seen Queen on tour. I will hang it on the music room wall when the rest of my house is finished)

1 minute ago, police squad said:

I have an exel spreadsheet of my basses and guitars.

I also have an exel spreadsheet of the sold ones. (it's very large lol)

AND I have all my current one's serial numbers (this is mega important)

Recently I sold three on my 'Police/Sting basses' and a Rickenfaker, which leaves me 26.

My GAS has gone these days, I have literally lost interest in gear, unless it's something to help what ever band I'm in. Recent purchases are inears bits and pieces.

I do have a Brian May Super on order (these are the expensive production Red Specials, with the proper trem)

and I recently bought a signed Red Special (it was a promotion through BMG guitars to punters who had seen Queen on tour. I will hang it on the music room wall when the rest of my house is finished)

That spreadsheet is something I recently realised I need to put in place. I must get that done. Nice reminder.👍

• Like 1