Why become a member? ×

The Inevitable Ian Brown Thread

Munurmunuh

8 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

This is my fave clip so far -

He's done his fans up like a kipper. Just looking at the other bands there, the ticket price seems to be the going rate... that rate will get you the likes of Happy Mondays, The Saw Doctors, James Bay, Placebo... hell even the Sugababes (and I bet they have a band with them (that may or may not be miming))

I don't think it's a particular secret that he can't sing, but it's just awful. He doesn't seem to have any stage presence at all and the production in general looks and sounds poor.

It reminds me of the annual "Christmas Wonderland" stories, which always seem to consist of a tired looking reindeer, tinny Christmas carols, half working fairy lights and a paedo Santa.

39 minutes ago, jimmyb625 said:

I don't think it's a particular secret that he can't sing, but it's just awful. He doesn't seem to have any stage presence at all and the production in general looks and sounds poor.

It reminds me of the annual "Christmas Wonderland" stories, which always seem to consist of a tired looking reindeer, tinny Christmas carols, half working fairy lights and a paedo Santa.

September not yet gone and it's Christmas already..? o.O

7 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I saw them first time round - yup. Some very capable musos. I couldn't say nowadays - I don't even know who backs them nowadays.

Yeah, cooking band. With original line up. Nice.

Edited by EBS_freak

Just now, mike257 said:

I stood in for the guitar tech at Glasto. Band had chops for days and the girls were on top form. Great show!

Just looking at those playing in the videos I've posted, I can tell they got some moves. Don't recognise any of them... but the bass player and drummer defo taking it to church!

• Like 2

Such a shame. I am not a superfan but I attended one of his Rock city gigs some 10 or so years ago and the band were brilliant and he sang his excellent solo work as good as was needed. I don't think he did any Stone Roses stuff, I always have told people it was a very special gig. 

• Like 1

Are we sure Brown and Liam G were not hatched by the same mother at some monkey breeding farm on the outskirts of Burnage? Their simian features, delusional arrogance, total lack of stage presence, a shared inability to hold a tune in a bucket, similar levels of virtuosity on the maraccas and of course a shared history of being in monumentally overrated Manc bands?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Are we sure Brown and Liam G were not hatched by the same mother at some monkey breeding farm on the outskirts of Burnage? Their simian features, delusional arrogance, total lack of stage presence, a shared inability to hold a tune in a bucket, similar levels of virtuosity on the maraccas and of course a shared history of being in monumentally overrated Manc bands?

Not a fan then 😂