Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

31 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Just watching Nina Simone: Live at Montreux 1976 on BBC2 right now, she is completely electrifying, what a performer, what a woman. Actual primal utter genius.

I don’t know much of her music but I remember this being played a lot in the early 80s , not sure if it was re-released or something, nice tune 

• Like 2

On 26/08/2022 at 19:53, casapete said:

An evening of Aretha Franklin stuff tonight on BBC4, starting at 8pm with a special from

the Proms with special guests.

And if you enjoyed that @casapete, I can thoroughly recommend the Prom from last night (Saturday) featuring Cynthia Erivo and BBC Concert Orchestra. She has a superb voice, and the band nailed it as you'd expect. It's on iPlayer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not TV but Radio, check out ‘Master Tapes’ on the BBC Iplayer. Artists in the Maida Vale studios talking about a classic album they’ve made and playing the odd song from it. Listened to a few, loved the Wilko Johnson one talking about his choppy guitar style with Dr Feelgood and the Blockheads. A real treasure trove to have a dig around in if you have the time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2022 at 22:43, Reggaebass said:

I don’t know much of her music but I remember this being played a lot in the early 80s , not sure if it was re-released or something, nice tune 

If I remember correctly it was used in a TV advert and then on the back of that got re-released and did really well as a single.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Sky Arts Editors Live in Berlin.

Not everyone's cup of tea. I've seen them a couple of times in past few years and thought they were excellent,  Tom Smith has a cracking voice. 

So that's my early night gone south, I'll stay up to watch this one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just watching the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2022 inductions ceremony on Sky Arts.

Lionel Richie was introduced by Lenny Kravitz and I was looking forward to his on stage performance, unfortunately his voice is shot, it was not good, sad to see.

Dave Grohl also murdered the guitar solo in Easy.

Edited by steantval

59 minutes ago, steantval said:

Just watching the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2022 inductions ceremony on Sky Arts.

Lionel Richie was introduced by Lenny Kravitz and I was looking forward to his on stage performance, unfortunately his voice is shot, it was embarrassingly bad, sad to see.

Dave Grohl also murdered the guitar solo in Easy.

watching too…it wasn’t good that was it?!