Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

1 hour ago, Daz39 said:

Great shots Wot! 

Si King too! Guess he is a local lad too.

Is that Tynemouth station with the 3 ladies in? The older original railway station plucks at my brainpan.

Cheers! It is Tynemouth station.

Si was one of the contributors that didn't make the cut purely through lack of time. There were lots 😞

FWIW, my contribution to the doc was stills, drone footage, some of the interview footage and research / archives. All good fun.

• Like 2

On 27/11/2021 at 11:51, wateroftyne said:

Cheers.. thank you! Slightly gutting to have to shoehorn hours of great footage into 60 minutes, but it's none the worse for it.

And... 52m 48s 🙂

Just watched it and really enjoyed it. I only wish I’d see this timestamp beforehand as I missed you.

I recorded this and watched it on Saturday.  Amazing footage and always nice to see shots of where I grew up.

Brought back fond memories of Run For Home playing at St James' Park.

Mrs HH has become sick of me constantly singing "sickly sausage ruuurlls.." ever since.....

Classic stuff WoT - missed seeing you but IIRC I did see your name in the credits!

1 hour ago, casapete said:

Don't set your alarm clocks, it's on at 22.00, BBC2, Saturday December 4th. 

Maybe Dorset time is different Mick....😆

Hope you're well mate, Pete.

Dag nabbit! My timing is very poor for a bass player...😬

Thanks and best wishes Pete!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I really enjoyed this

Yeah, I did as well... Macca was quite interesting when he was explaining the writing process and sketches of some of those tunes.

He came across as very musical in his ideas and arrangements. Plus, when speaking about the Beatles, he often spoke quite fondly about the other three. 

Well worth a watch. 

Edited by lowdown

Watched Sky Arts last night (I assume they repeat these things quite a bit) and they had Ozzy Ozbourne live from Budokan. Ozzy was his 'usual' self, but the band was Zakk Wylde on guitar, Puffy Bordin on drums, and Robert Trujillo on bass. The rhythm section was absolute metal heaven

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, casapete said:

On BBC4 now ( and also iPlayer) there is The Rod Stewart band recorded live for an OGWTest special in 1976. Featuring the late Phil Chen on bass duties too. 

Great to see this, caught it halfway through, Rods vocals better then, nowadays it’s not the case.

Very good band, I saw this line up on a couple of tours around this period.

Edited by steantval
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, steantval said:

Great to see this, caught it halfway through, Rods vocals better then, nowadays it’s not the case.

Very good band, I saw this line up on a couple of tours around this period.

Absolutely. I saw the band around the same time at Leicester Granby Hall and they were really good. Think Rod was trying to recreate the Faces vibe he'd been used to, so got Jim Cregan in along with Gary Grainger and Billy Peek on guitar. ( Saw Jim Cregan with his band Cregan & Company a while back, doing mainly Rod stuff - really entertaining if you get chance to catch them.)

As you say, Rod's vocals were so much better in those days. I always knew his voice wouldn't age well, and having seen him on Graham Norton's show a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe how it had changed so much. The current single he performed was pretty dreadful too, I'm sad to say.

Also saw this in the news today - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59707192  😮

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2021 at 20:33, wateroftyne said:

Gentle nudge - 9pm, BBC Four (I even have a cameo role, but blink and you'll miss it).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0011vbk

Thanks for the nudge. Just watched it yesterday. It was great.

First saw Lindisfarne on that Charisma tour with Genesis and Van der Graaf for 6/- at Birmingham Town Hall.