Why become a member? ×

The Brits.

leschirons

Just watched some rapper (someone Lamarr) (I guessed at the double "r")

Appeared to have backing track problems at the start, every other word bleeped out no doubt due to language and all this whilst his mate smashes up something Lamborghini looking with a baseball bat. 

You know what?  I'm glad I'm old😤

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, leschirons said:

Just watched some rapper (someone Lamarr) (I guessed at the double "r")

Appeared to have backing track problems at the start, every other word bleeped out no doubt due to language and all this whilst his mate smashes up something Lamborghini looking with a baseball bat. 

You know what?  I'm glad I'm old😤

What a load of cobblers that was.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ped said:

Let me guess. Stormzy, rag and bloody bone man and dua lipa. They seem to be the only musicians the public are aware of at the moment. 

You forgot Ed...

The last "great" Brits performance in my book was in 1992. The KLF & ENT, 3am Eternal.

• Like 1

Yeah it’s a bit of a prancing parade, but within it actually the awards were fairly distributed.

Like it or not Stormzy was the first ever Grime artist to get a number 1 album, and he won, would have been too easy to give it to Ed Sheeran.

International female went to Lorde from New Zealand, would have been too easy to give it to Taylor swift, I agree Lamarr was a bit weird, as as lovely as she is Rita Ora needs to stop taking clothes off and dropping to Littel Mix’s level.

Dua Lipa seems a genuine person. Gorillaz are great, and had longevity

It does represent the masses, which is not always good, but I kinda like the Brits, it goes a little leftfield, may not be everyone’s cuppa but it’s OK

• Like 1

I have to say (reluctantly) that even the Foo Fighters were underwhelming. I know one of our number has a great gig with Rag'n'Bone Man (and long may it last for him) but all I see is Grossburger from Stir Crazy, a huge guy from whom emanates a voice you don't expect. Up until last night I've never seen him perform any other song.

I haven’t watched the Brits in years - it’s got nothing to do with music and everything to do with numbers. 

I saw the Lamborghini incident on the news though. There are probably bigger things in the world to worry about, but at the risk of sounding like my dad, how many impressionable fans now think it’s cool to take a baseball bat to a car...

I didn't watch it, bit I have to admit that Kendrick Lamarr's 'To Pimp a Butterfly' is one of my favourite albums of the last ten years.

The backing tracks on that one were provided by the absolute top musicians from LAs jazz scene, it's so much more than 'just' a hip hop album. His latest offering is more old school with DJs and samples rather original backing from real musicians but it's still pretty good.

I have mixed feelings about the UK 'Grime' scene, Stormzy seems like a really nice bloke but, like a lot of grime artists, his lyrics are a bit repetitive and a lot of his rhymes don't really rhyme. I do like Lady Leshurr though, partly because she's from down the road from me in Shirley, but mainly because se' a top lyicist and some of her lines are laugh out loud funny.

Lorde's 'Green Light' was pretty much the best pop song of 2017 for me so I'm glad she won the International award.

Bit surprised at Gorrilaz win though, I didn't even know they'd released anything recently.

Edited by Cato