Why become a member? ×

Who would you - most have enjoyed playing bass with?

KiOgon

3 minutes ago, casapete said:

Back OT, I would have loved to have Bill Wyman's job in the Stones, or to play with any period of The E Street Band.

There are others, but I know I would never be able to hack it ( Chic, Motown ), but might (just) be in with a chance

for the two above.

I know what you mean ¬¬ I reckon the experience was a easy ride really!

24 minutes ago, mikel said:

So its true about Americans and a sense of humor bypass. :$

OMG, ok, I'd love to replace Doug in Kings X.

Replacing Daryl in The Stones would be cool too. except he's a bit too far in the background for my taste 

I hope everybody is happy, making me choose fantasy over reality.?

Blue

Edited by Bluewine
  • Haha 2

UFO. I would like to have had the ride Pete Way had alongside Michael Schenker (minus the Heroin habit of course). I asked him what happened to his Natural Grain 1976 Bicentennial Thunderbird (of which only 224 were made) which was last seen around 1980. "I don't know" was his answer, so sad. 

Edited by pst62

Though I'd love to have been in Duck Dunn's shoes, or Jamerson's, or Kaye's, I wouldn't have had the chops for those serious '60s studio gigs (tell a lie, I could manage with the MG's... probably my all-time fave band).

I'd like to have played with Dylan, or Van Morrison, anywhere roughly between 1967 and 1974. Simple song structures but flying by the seat of your pants and right in the middle of that swirling mercury sound. 

13 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Seriously Ivansc,

For Jimi it would have been one or the other.

I would think most of the 60 year old plus guys here that have a basic knowledge of Jimi"s career would agree 

Blue 

Yeah - just couldnt resist the temptation to respond as I did though...  FWIW I fell over backwards onto a small tree stump (about 6" high 3" in diameter) a couple of days ago whilst trying to pull up another stump beside it.  I am shambling around like some old fogey due to the  bruising, fortunately NOT broken backbone or ribs. But I have 2 gigs on Sunday and another on Thursday, all of which I am also providing the (admittedly fairly small) PA.  Ouch!