Why become a member? ×

Who would you - most have enjoyed playing bass with?

KiOgon

I've just been thinking :crazy: it would have been Jimi's 75th birthday the other day, I would have loved to have been in Noel's place a few times! Who would you love to have played with?

I first saw Hendrix on Hasting pier 22 October 1967, then again almost 3 years later in 1970 at the Isle of Wight festival, a couple of weeks before he met his untimely end. Would he have still been playing/writing today at 75 I wonder B|

I'm getting old ?

hastings pier Jimi 22-0-67.jpg

• Like 1

Who I'd want to play bass with. That's a very difficult call.

It wouldn't necessarily be based on the music. Some of my favorite bands might be bad people and jerks to work for.

I always thought I would be a good fit touring with  the "Happy Together" corporate franchise.

I understand the musicians are paid well and treated well. Seems like a great gig  to me.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

2 hours ago, KiOgon said:

Would he have still been playing/writing today at 75 I wonder B|

I'm getting old ?

hastings pier Jimi 22-0-67.jpg

Good question.

Possibly with years of top notch management, intelligent decisions and a healthy lifestyle. 

Otherwise he might have been another washed up 75 year old hack.

Blue

14 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Who I'd want to play bass with. That's a very difficult call.

It wouldn't necessarily be based on the music. Some of my favorite bands might be bad people and jerks to work for.

I always thought I would be a good fit touring with  the "Happy Together" corporate franchise 

I understand the musicians are paid well and treated well.

Blue

Blue Blue Blue. Its fantasy, its all about the music. Let go of your literal self for once. For once let the money take care of itself. :D

29 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Good question.

Possibly with years of top notch management, intelligent decisions and a healthy lifestyle. 

Otherwise he might have been another washed up 75 year old hack.

Blue

Seriously Ivansc,

For Jimi it would have been one or the other.

I would think most of the 60 year old plus guys here that have a basic knowledge of Jimi"s career would agree 

Blue 

Edited by Bluewine

10 minutes ago, mikel said:

Blue Blue Blue. Its fantasy, its all about the music. Let go of your literal self for once. For once let the money take care of itself. :D

I disagree, money is a big part of the experience of playing with someone. 

It's also about people and having a positive experience.

How would you like to be stranded in  Newark New Jersey with no money or the means to get home after being screwed over by your favorite artist or band.

Look at it from a reality perspective for a moment 

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

2 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

I disagree, money is a big part of the experience of playing with someone. 

It's also about people and having a positive experience.

How would you like to be stranded in  Newark New Jersey with no money or the means to get home after being screwed over by your favorite artist or band.

Look at it from a reality perspective for a moment 

Blue

This is a FANTASY thread. Its about who you would have loved, in a fantasy dream, to play with. ITS NOT REAL. We are not talking reality. For goodness sake, give me strength. :dash1:

4 minutes ago, mikel said:

This is a FANTASY thread. Its about who you would have loved, in a fantasy dream, to play with. ITS NOT REAL. We are not talking reality. For goodness sake, give me strength. :dash1:

Ok, my fantasy would be to play in a fun, safe, secure,healthy environment, staying in nice hotels and being paid proper.

I'm sticking with the " Happy Together Tour" ?

Blue

5 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Ok, my fantasy would be to play in a fun, safe, secure,healthy environment, staying in nice hotels and being paid proper.

I'm sticking with the " Happy Together Tour" ?

Blue

So its true about Americans and a sense of humor bypass. :$

Back OT, I would have loved to have Bill Wyman's job in the Stones, or to play with any period of The E Street Band.

There are others, but I know I would never be able to hack it ( Chic, Motown ), but might (just) be in with a chance

for the two above.