Why become a member? ×

Anyone buys themseves a Xmas present?

SH73

Bruce Springsteen's autobiography - half price at Waterstones - couldn't walk past it. To read during the holiday.

Gibson Les Paul Special double cut-away (Lucille look-alike) signed by B B King. The time of year is just a coincidence though. I won't get my hands on it until into the new year, for now I'll have to make do with feeling smug :)

Had a rush of blood to the mouse finger and bought a Dave Smith Instruments Evolver Mono desktop synth on ebay. Fancied trying it out, and got it for a price where if I don't get on with it I can hopefully move it on without major loss. Touch and go whether it will arrive before xmas.

My wife and I bought each other a Roland Digital Piano for Christmas so I guess that counts. But my real indulgence each Christmas is to buy the double Crimble editions of Private Eye and New Scientist and find myself some space over Christmas to read them.

Kala U Bass from Bass Direct. Best price I could find online and I'm loving the portability. Will be travelling with me pretty much every overnight stay. I took my Fender Jaguar to Australia last year and it was no fun lugging it around. Getting more accustomed to the polyurethane strings.