Why become a member? ×

Shouldn't have sold my bass.

alembic1989

I feel for you. I've only ever sold two guitars, still miss one, and don't like the one I bought to replace the other. Lent a guitar to my niece ages ago, missed it and caused a huge row with my in-laws when I asked for it back despite the fact that she never played it. Gave my first bass (Westone Thunder - given to me by another friend years ago when I only played guitar) to a friend, and I'm trying desperately to not ask if I could have it back having just found out he's still got it.

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1456524062' post='2990112']
I sold a G&L Tribute L2500 thinking they were pretty common and easy to replace, I have never found one as good as the one I sold. I have tried an American one that was as good, but over twice the price.
[/quote]

I sold a L2000 tribute a while back and I kinda wish I hadn't... It was a great bass and I could do with an active fretted four. Lots of bass for the money.

'Twas ever thus. To be fair, I've sold only a couple of basses that I shouldn't have and I can still properly justify the sale of one of them. Guitars on the other hand...well that's another story, the dumbest sale/swap of which (and there are many) would be my Yamaha SA2000 for an Ibanez Roadstar, especially as I really wanted a Tele :(

Two for me;

Mainly, of all things, a Fender Highway One Jazz bass (bad ass bridge / posiflex truss rod version) - really regretting off loading that one. Sounded special.

Closely followed by a 1980's Aria Pro 2 SB Special 2 which I purchased used in 2010 - sounded great & was probably the easiest & most comfortable bass I've ever played.

Edited by Wilco

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1456693910' post='2991547']
I've just packaged up my Nate Mendel p bass to send to the Netherlands but it being replaced with scheter j bass , hope I've done the right thing ,oh bugger wish I hadn't read this thread
[/quote]
I'm in the same boat almost. I have a bitza SR5 that I like a lot and I have been taking pictures today to sell it as I can't really justify having two SR5's. I feel like I'm its parent. A tough one

Edited by Pinball