Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

Ely folk festival next weekend…. 2 nights camping 3 evenings and 2 afternoons of music. And there’s workshops and stuff in the mornings. Il be taking an instrument-ukulele most likely.

The most well known acts are Sam Kelly and the Lost Boys, Sharon Shannon, Linfisfarne, Daoiri Farrell…… but often the smaller acts are more interesting.

Marcus Miller at Ronnie's on 20th. Well, I think it's that one of the three dates. Better check😁

Think this will probably be my last trip up there as it's getting ridiculously expensive. Saw Azymuth there last week and they played for an hour. Not sure that's great value at £50 a ticket. M.M is twice that price and if you want to half guarantee a decent table, you need to spend hundreds on joining the Club!!

2 hours ago, odysseus said:

Just got a ticket to see Sham 69 at the Acorn in Penzance at the end of the month.  Not my normal sort of thing but my bro in law says they are great live so I thought what the hell... 

They are, you’ll have a great time 

• Thanks 1

Few exciting gigs on the horizon... 

ArcTanGent coming up next month, with countless post rock, post hardcore etc bands.

Then Lemonheads in Bristol, been a fan for 30 odd years so quite excited about this.

Then off to Seattle in October. Ticket for Girls Against Boys.  My second favourite band with 2 bassists :) Hoping to get to a few more shows when I'm out there...

All in all, an exciting few months ahead!!!

Edited by GazWills
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing lined up (yet) until November when we (Mrs Prosebass) are off to see both Gong & Ozric Tentacles in a double billing at the Trinity Centre in Bristol.

Can't say she is looking forward it but I certainly am. Last saw Gong around 1981 at the Stonehenge Festival 😵

Edited by Prosebass
location added
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2022 at 07:22, Skinny said:

Jah Wobble next for me at a pub in Northampton, September time. 

Same here. Saw him and his superb band the Invaders of the Heart just before the first lockdown in Nottingham. If they're anything like they were that night then we're in for a cracking evening.

• Like 1