Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

27 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Next up is New York hardcore punk legends Agnostic Front supported by Matt Freeman of Rancid's new band Charger. It's going to be a good night.

When I read the New York hardcore part of your sentence, I thought we were going to the see the same band.

I've got Unsane coming up in October and then in November I'm going to see Part Chimp. Can't wait for both of those!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

When I read the New York hardcore part of your sentence, I thought we were going to the see the same band.

I've got Unsane coming up in October and then in November I'm going to see Part Chimp. Can't wait for both of those!!

I've not seen Unsane before but I have seen Part Chimp, they put on a solid show.

2 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I've not seen Unsane before but I have seen Part Chimp, they put on a solid show.

The Unsane show will be a first for me too. There's a few full concerts on YouTube, if they're anything to go by then I'm in for a good night!

I've lost count (and probably the ability to hear several frequencies) of the amount of times I've seen Part Chimp. They're brutal live 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2022 at 20:38, SteveXFR said:

Next up is New York hardcore punk legends Agnostic Front supported by Matt Freeman of Rancid's new band Charger. It's going to be a good night.

Agnostic front are one of the best bands I've ever seen. Stigma is a legend and I've had a few pints with him after gigs.

Where are they playing? 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's a gig in my normal sense.... but it's Unkle Funks' Disco Inferno (UK's leading live disco band) on Saturday. Going with Mrs Soup (who won't come to most of the music I listen to) and my sister and her partner ... so it will be a bit of a social and bit of dancing I expect.

Will be pretty good if the website is anything to go by unclefunksdiscoinferno.com

On 12/09/2022 at 22:20, WalMan said:

Skid Row & Winger @ Chalk in Brighton followed two days later by Tiger Moth Tales + Magenta @ Trading Boundaries.

Also just got tickets for Nik Kershaw @ The Factory in Worthing next April 

Sadly no Winger anymore as it wasn't economically viable for them to come over :( 

In the meantime I have got tickets for Tombstone Dunnery (Frank D's blues project) again @ Trading Boundaries.

Also seeing Rich Hall in Bognor in October - last time we saw him it was a set of comedy and a set of improvised songs with his band

I'm off to Reading this Friday to see Dronningen.  

Back when I was doing a lot of gigs with the old band, I reckon I gigged with them eight or nine times across London and the home counties.  I adore them immensely and they've become great friends.

Theatrical Love is the last single (another one next month).  If you scroll down, we collaborated with them a couple of years ago; we gave them a rough mix of something we were doing and Beatrice did the vocals and Vito added some extra guitars.

• Like 1

Black Sabbitch tomorrow evening at Trading Boundaries near me in Sussex

Jazz Sabbath - same venue on 18th November

Dirty D/C in 3 weeks time at Concorde 2 in Brighton.

La Boheme - Glyndebourne Opera in a couple of weeks.

All a bit eclectic :)

18 hours ago, KevB said:

Marillion last night in Sheffield were pretty good, though I don't feel as 'connected' with the band in the last 20 years or so. Looking forward to Sunday - Uriah Heep 50th anniversary show with Von Hertzen Bros as support, could be a belter.

Uriah Heep was the first ever proper live gig I went to.

The Leys Club, Letchworth on October 16th 1971.

Edited by steantval