Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

I'm off to ArcTangent festival tomorrow, just for the day with my oldest daughter. We're planning to see Dvne, Alcest and Cult Of Luna.

We saw Dvne a few weeks ago supporting High On Fire and they were absolutely brilliant. Really looking forward to seeing Cult Of Luna headlining. 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 18:44, BassBunny said:

Ida Nielsen at Band on the Wall, Manchester in October.

Ooh, I was wondering about that. Have you seen her before? Does the band stand on its own merits or is it a bit of a bass hero(ine) showcase?

2 hours ago, nekomatic said:

Ooh, I was wondering about that. Have you seen her before? Does the band stand on its own merits or is it a bit of a bass hero(ine) showcase?

I haven't seen her before but my son, who lives in Prague, saw her on my recommendation and said they were a great band. Certainly not a bassfest. There are some full concerts on YT that are worth a watch if you are uncertain.

When he saw her in Prague he was chatting at the bar with her and video called me. We were eating at the time, phone in another room so didn't here it and missed the opportunity of a chat. 😡

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rubbersoul said:

UK Subs tomorrow night. Their last ever visit to my wee country before Uncle Charlie hangs up his creepers. Can’t wait!

Is Charlie stopping gigging? Or is it just non-UK gigs they’re stopping?

Should have posted this before Thursday, but we spent the last two nights at Trading Boundaries to see both nights of Barock Project supported by Aaron & Ethan Emerson.

Great venue and a great & very talented young(ish now) prog band from Italy. 

The venue is not huge (probably 150 max dining with room for a few more with standing tickets) but good sound and lights and puts on a good selection of originals & tributes in a marvellous atmosphere. It's in an old Georgian house, that also houses quirky sales rooms , a Roger Dean Art Gallery, and has recently opened a small boutique hotel that might be nice for future events

It's the only venue that Barock Project have played in the UK, mainly because the owners love the band so much they fly them over and put them up for the gig - and I lay some claim to that having lent the drummer in the prog band I play with a couple of their albums years ago, he's mates with the venue owners and said to him "you've got to hear this band..." and so it came to pass.

Back in October for Tigermoth Tails & Magenta

571792965_BP2-TB19-8-22.jpg.655c50594a0d5a7a7cc0020ac6799b7d.jpg1106721216_BP-TB19-8-22.thumb.jpg.083305329d9f0b9ca0955c62ce4d4926.jpg883787788_Aaron-TB19-8-22.thumb.jpg.c59d625fc0005365e80a42746a175f56.jpg411649420_LucaEthan-TB19-8-22.thumb.jpg.8beef3aa6c67f93d8131c5ea18e32bd3.jpg

In (I think) 3 weeks I'm heading over from UK to Chicago for the Saturday of Riot Fest.

30 bands playing on the Saturday but the only ones ime really interested in are Madball, Bad Religion and, the reason I'm going over, The Misfits. 

Edited by Peloquin
  • Like 1

On 14/07/2022 at 21:44, GazWills said:

Few exciting gigs on the horizon... 

ArcTanGent coming up next month, with countless post rock, post hardcore etc bands.

Then Lemonheads in Bristol, been a fan for 30 odd years so quite excited about this.

Then off to Seattle in October. Ticket for Girls Against Boys.  My second favourite band with 2 bassists :) Hoping to get to a few more shows when I'm out there...

All in all, an exciting few months ahead!!!

ATG done - still not recovered haha...

So, Chiyoda Ku in Bristol tonight, Lemonheads in a few weeks, then a couple of shows in Seattle - Girls against boys then Melt Banana the next day :)

Off to the Royal Albert Hall tomorrow evening to see Public Service Broadcasting doing a new album length piece with the BBC Symphony Orchestra celebrating the Centenary of the BBC. Should be an interesting show. Their 2019 Prom celebrating Apollo moon landings was fabulous.

My fave PSB tune…

The complete 2019 “Race For Space” Proms performance…

Edited by TrevorR

• 2 weeks later...