Why become a member? ×

Motorhead At Glasto 2015 - BBC4

spongebob

Did not enjoy this at all, especially as I spent the first half dismantling my tv system bass speaker because I thought it had stopped working.

Pretty sad viewing really, I was waiting for Ace of Spades, did I miss it?

Also wondering why the thread hasn't turned into a Rick lovers vs haters thread, what's going on?

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1435354963' post='2808148']
My word, Florence is having a duff night. We've got the radio on, and she keeps being horribly, painfully flat and then screeching unbearably in between songs.
[/quote]

She always sounds flat to me.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1435354963' post='2808148']
My word, Florence is having a duff night. We've got the radio on, and she keeps being horribly, painfully flat and then screeching unbearably in between songs.
[/quote]

I thought most of her songs were supposed to sound like that. Some hippie bird wailing on about summat'

And Motorhead.......just sad to see really. Saw them on the Bomber tour at the Hammy Odeon and it was a stunning gig. Time to knock it on the head i think.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1435358841' post='2808186']
It was sad to see Lemmy looking so frail. He's lost a lot of weight and looks like his clothes were wearing him. His power is no longer there. I suppose time waits for no man.
[/quote]

Interesting you say that because I actually thought he looked ill. Certainly when you see Lemmy the Movie, filmed in 2010/11(?) he has aged considerably.

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1435360431' post='2808201']

Interesting you say that because I actually thought he looked ill. Certainly when you see Lemmy the Movie, filmed in 2010/11(?) he has aged considerably.
[/quote]
He's had a pacemaker fitted since then. In fact, I think, internally, he's mostly mechanical by now.

Edited by KingBollock

Lemmy and Peter Hook are my two all time favourite bassists. Both highly unconventional and unique. Painful to see how frail he now looks, and he was clearly struggling vocally. Still playing bass like no one else on earth though - amazing to hear how much of it is him when Phil Campbell stops playing.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1435363858' post='2808224']

In my opinion, one of the most overrated and tuneless singers.

I compare her to a pissed seagull.
[/quote]

I went for 'The Poundland Kate Bush', but I like your avian comparison. In fairness to her, she's clearly a commited artist, but whomever made the decision to move her up to headliner got it seriously wrong, as she was just way out of her league, and no amount of twirling in the glittery high waisters was going to make up for the fact that her act just isn't big enough for that stage and time. Also, I think she was on a loser by comparison with the prospect of Mr Grohl's band banging out the big stadium rock, who would have had the place bouncing.