Why become a member? ×

RIP BB KIng

ianrendall

An inspiring and hard-working musician, a connection to the history of blues and popular music in general, and a truly gifted guitarist, singer and entertainer. May he rest in peace and long be remembered.

I saw him live some years ago. He was pretty frail even then. Shuffled on stage and promptly sat down. Just him, a chair and his guitar. And memories - loads of memories. As the evening unfolded, we were treated to a complete history of blues music, mainly through stories and anecdotes. When he did play, it was to illustrate his story. Effortless vibrato. Three hours later, he apologised for having to go and he asked permission to leave the stage. I've never seen anything like that, and I doubt I ever will.

R.I.P. from me too.

He was one of the few old Blues Guys that caught and held my attention with his talent and songs.
I only recently found out how supportive and encouraging he was with young up and coming guitarists over the years and that's a rare quality in itself in the topsy turvy music world.

A true legend.