Why become a member? ×

Who loves the Quo, then?

seashell

Those early couple of 60s Psych albums for me. I'd love them to be fashionable, they are actually good players away from the band and come across well in interview. I remember Francis Rossi being interviewed by some smug young journalist and he politely turned the interview on it's head by asking the journalist "do you actually know what a chord is?" The interview was better for it's sudden lack of smugness.

I think Quo are great. Love the music, must get to one of their fames Xmas time gigs - memo to self for next year, methinks.

But, there`s another side. Our old drummers niece had cancer. Luckily she`s fully recovered now. But she went to one of their gigs and met them, along with a bunch of other kids with cancer. Quo turned up and said "I suppose you think we`re going to pose for photos, give you loads of presents, and spend the day with you then?" The kids looked a bit shocked. "Well you`d be right then" they added. And away from the cameras they spent the whole day with these kids. It wasn`t publicity, they genuinely cared, and were great to the kids. Things like that count. I found a greater sense of respect for them after hearing that.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1355219225' post='1895401']
Shell, the cotton bud trick. Francis totally destroyed his septum through drug abuse, and will has been known to poke a cotton bud up on nostril and remove it from the other...to groans from onlookers usually lol
[/quote]

I knew I shouldn't have asked! :lol:

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1355219225' post='1895401']
Shell, the cotton bud trick. Francis totally destroyed his septum through drug abuse, and will has been known to poke a cotton bud up on nostril and remove it from the other...to groans from onlookers usually lol[/quote]

That's the one! :lol:

I have an older brother who was (and still is) a big Quo fan so I heard all the classic early 70's stuff as it was released. I didn't actually get to see them live until relatively recently, they just seemed to pass me by as a live act. Still a very hard working band. I wasn't able to get a ticket for one of the reunion shows but if Alan's health holds up and they can fit it into the schedule maybe there might be a few more announced.

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1355245013' post='1895880']
I love the Quo as well. Both old and new but I reckon the present line up kicks the a*s of the old line up. Rhino and Matt are a great rhythm section.
[/quote]

Nowt wrong with this rhytmn section, circa 1972

[url="http://youtu.be/c_OV_M7Hqyo"]http://youtu.be/c_OV_M7Hqyo[/url]

Jamming with the lads on Friday evening suddenly things took a very Quo-like turn. I was digging it but wondered if anyone else was picking up on it. I assumed that they hadn't as I was sure certain members would have called a halt. Turned out they all picked up on the vibe (apart from the 22 year old keys player) and were equally into it.

It still works. :)

big Quo fan up to Rocking All Over the World , then they got some poncy pop producer in instead of doing it themselves, the bass disapeared along with all the guts, when I'm talking to people a bit younger than myself I tell them "Before Punk all we had was Quo" they think I'm mad but it's more or less true, I got tickets for reunion show next march and checked out Quid Pro Quo, if you like the early stuff I think you'll like that check it out, it's on spotify