Why become a member? ×

Guilty Pleasures

darkandrew

I know I shouldn't have done it but I have just dug out my old Toyah "The Changeling" CD, played it and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I also now feel the need to confess to more than just a passing appreciation for ABBA. So having got that off my chest, has anyone else got any guilty pleasures (of the musical variety!) that they feel the need to confess?

Very timely thread!

I was rehearsing this afternoon as part of a trio (piano, bass, drums) for a charity event scheduled for the start of August. The event will be very much for the over-sixties, and very middle-of-the-road.
Current setlist includes;
Moon River,
This old House,
I'm on the top of the world,
Georgy girl,
Somewhere (from West Side Story)
Born Free
Fernando
Georgia on my mind.

Guilty pleasure - I'm really enjoying it!

[quote name='christhammer666' timestamp='1342646889' post='1738806']
seeing as im 100% a metalhead id definatly say for me the phamtom of the opera soundtrack absolutely love it
[/quote]

I can wholly understand that one, a lot of metal fans are into the whole symphonic side of things as well, as it somehow fits so well with metal.

My only guilty pleasure is a very vague one of cheesy pop songs, most people who like 'real' music absolutely hate them, but some are just satisfying to play.

Liam

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1342647419' post='1738828']
I can wholly understand that one, a lot of metal fans are into the whole symphonic side of things as well, as it somehow fits so well with metal.

My only guilty pleasure is a very vague one of cheesy pop songs, most people who like 'real' music absolutely hate them, but some are just satisfying to play.

Liam
[/quote]

I've been playing quite a bit of pop recently, Katy Perry's Hot and Cold being one example and it's so much fun. :) Brown Eyed Girl is in the same set though, which is not fun anymore.