Why become a member? ×

why does no one buy anything on this site

geofio

Well I`ve been on Basschat since May, and in that time I`ve:

Bought
1 bass, 1 amp, 1 pickup, and instrument/speaker leads

And sold
3 basses, 1 amp & spkr, 1 wireless kit, 3 pickups, 2 foot pedals, 2 sets of straplocks and a few sets of strings.

So it seems to be working, at least for me.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='mike f' post='1028460' date='Nov 18 2010, 09:17 PM']Bought and sold on here - all pleasurable transactions.

Can I suggest that from this point on the word "bump", to move a thread back to the top, be replaced with "TIM?"[/quote]

DONE

Swings and roundabouts like anything else, thats my 2p

i had some basses and effects advertised for months with no interest, recently uploaded other stuff that went within hours literally, now the stuff i have had up for ages has all gone within days....

patience pays i guess!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='1028379' date='Nov 18 2010, 08:29 PM']...so I respectfully suggest you wind your neck in toot suite.[/quote]

Quote of the week for me right there!

On a more serious note this site has been both help & hindrance when buying & selling things for me :)
GAS is a wicked, wicked thing :)

To the OP - Good luck with your sale and maybe you need to rethink your sale price, etc to make a sale?

Regards,
Jon

[center][b][size=4]Score over last year:[/size][/b]

Bought - 2

Sold - 3

Traded - 1[/center]

Great site, some very helpful and knowledgeable people.

Not everything advertised goes in a day, people buy when the price is right for them not necessarily when it's what you want.

Oggy :)

[quote name='geofio' post='1028375' date='Nov 18 2010, 08:26 PM']THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SITE FOR BASS ENTHUSIASTS, EXPENSIVE BASSES, CHEAP BASSES, WHATEVER , ALL I CAN SEE IS GUYS LOOKING AT PICS AND MAKING COMMENTS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, ITS A WASTE OF TIM ADVERTISING ON HERE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE. IS THERE REALLY ANY POINT IN HAVING A FOR SALE SECTION?????? CHEERS GEORGE[/quote]

You have just lowered your chances of anyone buying anything from you mate. I wouldn't now.

There are various reasons why:

Price
Timing, the right person at the right time
Just before christmas
Just before potentially the worse cuts england has seen in years

[size=4]and most importantly this snoty thread.. Feedback rating 1/10[/size]

Shall we start the thread again?? ;-)

Edited by algmusic

Be patient dude. Times are hard at the moment. Not everyone has cash lying around, plus there's a possibility that if something isn't selling, it may be that the potential buyers are not considering it to be enough of a bargain. (ie over priced.)

within the last 6 months I have bought from basschat the following, ...an Epifany 3x10, an Eden 2x10 and a really nice high-end Shuker 6 string. There's probably more going on, on basschat than you're aware.

:)

Spelling the make of your bass correctly would help people who are searching for one - it's "S[b]c[/b]hecter", not "Shecter".

Also acting like an ignorant berk on the forum and using caps lock (really annoying) is a sure fire way to make people wary of dealing with you.

But yeah, good luck with the sale! :)

I have exactly the opposite complaint from the OP, the for sale section is far too effective and over the last 6 months or so seduced me into buying 3 basses I don't really need, a Big Muff I'll use for one song, if it's in the set, a feedback destroyer, a combo and a cab. And tonight someone from Basschat came to my house and walked off with one of my basses and left me a load of useless money, which I'll probably waste on booze.

I would complain in capitals but I can't find the capsLOCK ... OH, NO WAIT ....

geofio: I HAVE NEVER HEARD A SINGLE BASS I LIKED WITH THOSE EMG HZ PICKUPS, UNLIKE THE MANY I'VE HEARD WITH EMG PICKUPS (NO HZ) - BUT MAYBE YOURS WOULD BE THE ODD ONE OUT... I MIGHT BE AN INTERESTED PUNTER WANTING TO KNOW A BIT MORE ABOUT THE THING THOUGH (HOW MUCH WAS IT NEW PERHAPS, WHAT IS THE WIDTH AT THE NUT?, WHAT STRINGS ARE ON IT? (OR IS 'NEW'THE MAKE?), HOW WOULD YOU COMPARE IT TO OTHER BASSES YOU'VE HAD? WHAT DOES IT WEIGH? - IT COULDN'T HZ :)

EVERYONE ELSE: You shouldn't be harrassing this new member, he may well be from another environment where using lower case is threatening behaviour, and following any advice given by those who use such 'dark magic' would obviously be a foolish course of action to take!

STAMP OUT CASEISM NOW!

So, in the last seven days I've :

Sold 1 x amp, 5 pedals, 1 x bass

Bought 1 x amp & 1 x guitar

In a slightly 'roundabout' way I've also sold another bass on a reference from here :)

Net money in about £3,400

Net money out about £1,600

That's £5,000 worth of transactions - seems to suggest that this is indeed a pretty good place to buy and sell bass related items to enthusiasts :)

N.B. I should add that the £1,800 worth of 'profit' on these transactions was eaten up in the previous week (and then some!), lol. . .

Don't do it, Ped. You're the closest we have to a welfare state for bassists.

Also: poor Tim.

Also also: the economy is gash, so people are window shopping. If you're desperate for immediate cash then try Cash Converters. This is better than EBay and free to boot.