Why become a member? ×

why does no one buy anything on this site

geofio

[quote name='MythSte' post='1028393' date='Nov 18 2010, 08:38 PM']If you're not having any success selling on these forums please feel free to use other mediums, I've taken the time to compile a small list of websites below which where designed for just such occasions.

www.ebay.co.uk
www.gumtree.co.uk
www.ebid.co.uk
www.yourlocalnewspaperhere.co.uk[/quote]
:) i have bought a lot an sold a lot on basschat and am very greatful to be able to sell on here.anywhere else you would not make friends after a sale,and find anything near the honesty you do here..........love it :-)............ oh and it dosnt have charges left right n center(be nice to donate though).......... so jog on :-)

Edited by danbowskill

[quote name='danbowskill' post='1029574' date='Nov 19 2010, 04:36 PM']:) i have bought a lot an sold a lot on basschat and am very greatful to be able to sell on here.anywhere else you would not make friends after a sale,and find anything near the honesty you do here..........love it :-)............ oh and it dosnt have charges left right n center(be nice to donate though).....:-)[/quote]
If there are any mods looking in PLEASE bar this chap for usibg profanities,,,,its really NOT called FOR

[quote name='tino' post='1029611' date='Nov 19 2010, 04:57 PM']If there are any mods looking in PLEASE bar this chap for usibg profanities,,,,its really NOT called FOR[/quote]
sorry dude amended!.....just love it on here and gets my goat when peeps mone about the hard work it takes to keep a site like this goin.

[quote name='tino' post='1029551' date='Nov 19 2010, 04:25 PM']Im happy enough buying bits and peices off here ....................never had a problem.........................................BUT SELLING( foget it) CHEAP WADS on HERE :) :) :lol: :D[/quote]
Tino mate, I think you'll find that's your rather ambitious pricing structure. :lol:

Some people have to accept that they're just life's natural Ebayers - I mean no insult or disrespect, after all it takes one to know one! :P

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1029631' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:08 PM']Tino mate, I think you'll find that's your rather ambitious pricing structure. :lol:

Some people have to accept that they're just life's natural Ebayers - I mean no insult or disrespect, after all it takes one to know one! :)

J.[/quote]
I buy it here for a quid I sells it on the bay for £1,20.....Im happy the seller is happy ...
The question being...IZ TiM HAPPY :)

[quote name='dood' post='1029271' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:20 PM']I think this thread has done it's course really. The OP has hopefully realised that BassChat *isn't* a marketplace with a forum tagged on - it's a thriving community of discussion that happens to have an area for selling goods. Coming along and shouting your mouth off (capitals=shouting) about not being able to sell an instrument will not, as has been clearly been seen here, be met with open arms.

If anyone has an issue with how the forum is running, then it's best to PM the Mods or Admins, who will be happy to discuss further.

George, if you spent more time getting involved with the community, it wouldn't take long for you to realise what a great place this is to be. However, If it doesn't suit what you want or need, You are not being forced to stay here - but there's more than 10,000 people who log in to BassChat who do enjoy it![/quote]
Plus one million to all of this. I think like the Marcus Muller thread or whatever he was called we should be calling time on this. Like Retroman I to agree a couple of the comments are starting to border on cyber bullying and quite frankly people, we are better than that... whatever we think of the comments in the OP

[quote name='danbowskill' post='1029630' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:08 PM']sorry dude amended!.....just love it on here and gets my goat when peeps mone about the hard work it takes to keep a site like this goin.[/quote]
I was kidding...I aint that anal

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1029655' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:29 PM']Plus one million to all of this. I think like the Marcus Muller thread or whatever he was called we should be calling time on this. Like Retroman I to agree a couple of the comments are starting to border on cyber bullying and quite frankly people, we are better than that... whatever we think of the comments in the OP[/quote]
SO in effect you are saying ....we should not put the fella in the stocks and pound the hell out of him then

I don't think I have time to read the whole thread, but what a very strange attitude from the OP.

There happens to be a recession at the moment, so people are less inclined to buy than say two years ago, I see the same problem with instruments on ebay, I'm watching a couple of lovely instruments at the moment that I'd love to buy but cannot afford to take the chance on spending money I might be in desperate need of in a couple of months if work dries up. For the record neither instrument even got a bid when they were last listed.

Is it possible you're trying to sell something nobody wants or at a price nobody's prepared to pay.

Well, I don't suppose the poor sod's feeling any too happy about this at the moment.

But really - what the hell did he [i]think[/i] was going to happen? He might think twice about chucking his rattle around & having a paddy next time - both online & out there.

I'm kind of of the opinion that on the whole, the world might be a slightly better place if more people had it explained to them when they were acting like a right twat.

J.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1029690' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:48 PM']They do.... the last three things I wanted to buy got snapped up before I even noticed the ad![/quote]
Indeed. Happens to me too.

And then there's the fact that most of the stuff I look at and go 'I'd like that' is miles away and collection only.

Can't believe I've missed this thread. Well, I'm not going to take sides - all I will say is that since I joined BC a little under two years ago (for the express purpose of buying a bass, no less :)), I've found a real community here of like-minded souls, full of good advice and what-not. BC is what you make it - if you don't contribute to the forum, well, I just think you're missing out on a wealth of information, knowledgeable folks and shared experiences etc.

Looking at what I've acquired in that time from other BC'ers is quite amazing:

Ibanez ATK-305

EBS 4x10 cab
EBS 1x15 cab

Boss TU-2
SansAmp Paradriver

Some strings + misc bits

Oh, and I've met some of you guys face to face (either through transactions or at Bass Bashes), so I think I've come out ahead. And if I have anything to sell, you guys get first dibs :)

Seriously, I think the OP may have had a run of bad luck trying to sell, and has vented his frustration, but everyone's feeling the pinch right now - lots of folks in the same boat.

Ian

[quote name='paul h' post='1029782' date='Nov 19 2010, 07:05 PM']Late to the party again. :)

Anyone care to summarize the last 10 pages for me? Did shouty man get his comeuppance?[/quote]
I think he's pretty much guaranteed that he'll never sell his bass, or anything else on here, that probably counts as comeuppance.

We've also seen the birth of a new forum celebrity - TIM. :)

J.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1029796' date='Nov 19 2010, 07:21 PM']I was just going to advise that the OP speak to BassManKev cos he is pretty good at pointing out why stuff doesn't sell.[/quote]

Is that the bassist formerly known as 'BassManKev' ?

Edited by Platypus