Why become a member? ×

why does no one buy anything on this site

geofio

Some advise:

[url="http://www.learnthenet.com/learn-about/netiquette/index.php"]Learn the Net[/url]

Additionally, [url="http://www.ers.north-ayrshire.gov.uk/llandcomp/llandcomp_computerguides.cfm"]North Ayrshire Council[/url] offer some adult education courses on using computers and the internet, it might be helpful to you?

I agree what a load of rubbish, whats bass chat ever done fo ME....
well you did get a very nice 6 string spector !......
yea But apart from that whats it ever done for me ?
well what about that very nice 6 string washburn that u use every day to write on .....
yea ok apart from the two 6 stringers what ?......
Well... err what about that nice wal bass you got !
yea yea ok ok but apart from that, what else ay, what ?.....
ok what about that nice musicman stingray and the nice chap you met ?.....
ok, ok, BUT thats it, in it ?
well no actualy.. what about them nice pedals you got from MB1, a bargain and he delivered.
YEA YEA YEA but apart from that, what it done for me ?........
eeerr didnt you just get a really good deal on that mixer you got ???
ok OK BUT apart from that, thats it init ??
WELL no, you did get a very nice goodfellow bass from BASS CHAT... and that was a good price,
and about 6 boss peddles, , and all the stuff you have sold saving you ebay fees, OH and,,,,

YEA YEA YEA BLA BLA BLA, apart from all that, what bass chat ever done for ME ??????

(alltogether now)
[size=5]NOTHIN[/size]

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' post='1028674' date='Nov 18 2010, 11:23 PM']I agree what a load of rubbish, whats bass chat ever done fo ME....
well you did get a very nice 6 string spector !......
yea But apart from that whats it ever done for me ?
well what about that very nice 6 string washburn that u use every day to write on .....
yea ok apart from the two 6 stringers what ?......
Well... err what about that nice wal bass you got !
yea yea ok ok but apart from that, what else ay, what ?.....
ok what about that nice musicman stingray and the nice chap you met ?.....
ok that BUT thats it, in it ?
well no actualy.. what about them nice pedles you got from MB1, a bargain and he delivered.
YEA YEA YEA but apart from what it done for me ?........
eeerr didnt you just get a really good deal on that mixer you got ???
ok OK BUT apart from that thats it init ??
WELL no, you did get a very nice goodfellow bass from BASS CHAT... and that was a good price,
and about 6 boss peddles, , and all the stuff you have sold saving you ebay fees, OH and,,,,

YEA YEA YEA BLA BLA BLA, apart from all that what bass chat done for you ??????

[size=5]NOTHIN[/size][/quote]

Are you "The Basschat Peoples Front"?
f*** off, we're "The Peoples Front Of Basschat".

I've got to agree with GEOFIO, I've been on here for a few years and never bought or sold anything on here!

Saying that, I've not had anything to sell & the only things that I have bought have been a new combo from the Bass Merchant, an mf-101 from Kenny's Music (because it was only £149!), some accessories from a couple of other stores & a set of flats from stringbusters. :)

If I had some money to spend, there's plenty of things on here that I'd love to buy, but I'm skintos!

Anyone wanna buy a house in Perth? :)

[quote name='geofio' post='1028375' date='Nov 18 2010, 08:26 PM']THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SITE FOR BASS ENTHUSIASTS, EXPENSIVE BASSES, CHEAP BASSES, WHATEVER , ALL I CAN SEE IS GUYS LOOKING AT PICS AND MAKING COMMENTS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, ITS A WASTE OF TIM ADVERTISING ON HERE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE. IS THERE REALLY ANY POINT IN HAVING A FOR SALE SECTION?????? CHEERS GEORGE[/quote]

On a more serious note altogether, I have successfully bought and sold on Basschat many times.

That's a bugger with polemics - there's always some smart arse with an answer.

Since joining this website i've managed to
Sell:
Bc Rich Mockingbird Bass
Precision Bass copy
Ashdown 4x10 cabinet
Trace Elliot GP12 head
Ashdown ABM head
Samson S Com Compressor
Various bass pieces
Buy:
Trace Elliot head (not the same one as sold)
Various bass pieces (alot of them even been sent for free, that shows the community spirit of this site)
Ashdown cabinet (for a friend)
Korg DTR2000 tuner

I can honestly say this is one of the very few websites on the net that I would be sad about if it closed. Fantastic site, very informative and very friendly/helpful people on here. So Geofio, you are in fact wrong and very rude!

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

Hm... there are 1790 topics in the feedback section. Typically, you start ONE thread and let people rely to that thread with feedback... There are almost 7800 replies! OK, not all of them may be related to specific sales, but there can be absolutely no doubt that many, many people have bought/sold gear (including basses) on this site! I have bought/sold around 5 basses over the last year or so...

[quote name='geofio' post='1028426' date='Nov 18 2010, 08:58 PM']GOOD TO SEE SO MANY REPLIES AT LEAST IT PROVES THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE!!!! NOT EVERYONE HAS A RICK OR 1975 JAZZ BASS TO SELL MY POINT IS I HAVE A NICE SHECTER DAMIEN 4 STRING ACTIVE FOR SALE AND NOT A PEEP!!! I HAVE PURCHASED A RICK FROM THIS SITE 18 MONTHS AGO SO I KNOW THAT YOU CAN GET A GOOD DEAL ON HERE IT JUST SEEMS TO HAVE DIED A DEATH , AND AM NOT GETTING AT ANYONE , JUST FRUSTRATION. CHEERS GEORGE[/quote]

If you really have an instrument to sell then this sort of thing is really not going to help people want to deal with you, I certainly wouldn't based on this thread, but perhaps you had a bad day when you started it, fair enough

Please do not attack this site or its members though, the site is provided free, which means people put time into it, only asking for donation which it doesn't enforce if something sells

Also, its great that people can comment on the basses in the threads, it makes it more browsable than a normal for sale section, which assists your sale

According to your profile, Geofio, you have been a member for two and a half years. In all that time you have posted 21 times, all about selling items. Not exactly an active, contributing and valued member of BassChat are you? So stop your whingeing and price your bass right and it might sell.

PS, Tim

I think he's right to complain and we should offer him his money back...... Mods, clearly you're not spending enough time/money with ranking searches and buying adwords on his behalf.... Hang on, have I got the wrong end of the stick here? Sorry, I forgot this is free (donation supported) site for Bass enthusiasts to share info rather than a commercial marketplace... Maybe he should spend his money on Evilbay - but that costs money to list and sell though.... I bet Caps Lock does not work there either...

More seriously I would have assumed he was a troll from the first post. Hoever his record of pretty much only posting things to sell, rather than making any form of positive contribution, suggests he really does not understand how forums work... IMHO of course...

I've found Basschat an excellent place - probably the best UK focused musical forum there is in fact...

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Clarky' post='1028837' date='Nov 19 2010, 07:58 AM']According to your profile, Geofio, you have been a member for two and a half years. In all that time you have posted 21 times, all about selling items. Not exactly an active, contributing and valued member of BassChat are you? So stop your whingeing and price your bass right and it might sell.

PS, Tim[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='1028844' date='Nov 19 2010, 08:15 AM']I would have assumed he was a troll from the first post. Hoever his record of pretty much only posting things to sell, rather than making any form of positive contribution, suggests he really does not understand how forums work... IMHO of course...

I've found Basschat an excellent place - probably the best UK focused musical forum there is in fact...
Mark[/quote]

Absolutely!! Market forces and all that. Advertising something on here often makes one aware of that item's true value, rather than what you would ideally [i]like[/i] it to be worth...

I've had no problem buying or selling (or trading) on here. But maybe I'm a smidgin more realistic in my expectations?