Why become a member? ×

why does no one buy anything on this site

geofio

[quote name='Rich' post='1029998' date='Nov 19 2010, 11:26 PM']Well it's decided one thing.
The next one of us who starts up a band has [i]got[/i] to call it The Tims. :)[/quote]
I wouldn't like to be in that band if they're playing around Glasgow or west central Scotland. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1030056' date='Nov 20 2010, 01:17 AM']I wouldn't like to be in that band if they're playing around Glasgow or west central Scotland. :)[/quote]

my sediments exactly

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier. Its much more than just a case of buying and selling like Egay and Ebygumtree. Its a place where you can get to know people, have a laugh, have a debate, get pi**ed. In reality, its everything you'd do in real life.

I've yet to go down the pub with a 'chatter' but then that's what the Moffat bassbash is for.

[quote name='Rich' post='1029998' date='Nov 19 2010, 11:26 PM']Well it's decided one thing.
The next one of us who starts up a band has [i]got[/i] to call it The Tims. :)[/quote]

if you need a new bass for the new band i know someone selling one, it's a schecter I think..

Done plenty of good sales on here with some real good people. :)

Infact of late the book....
'Know your theory and learn to sight read while holding down one hell of a mother of a groove, with bonus section, swing your ar#e off. - all in five minutes' by Biblo...
was posted and sold in thirty seconds..! result.

Garry

Basschat is excellent!

Ive bought a Sandberg Fretless (Giblet123) and a Aguilar padded amp bag (legion, I think?). Both were great sellers and the many people on here will vouch for a sale section being very much alive!

Somebody perhaps having a bad day or not seeing what they want?

Dan

[quote name='ped' post='1030638' date='Nov 20 2010, 05:32 PM']I wonder if an enterprising basschatter would be able to add up an estimate of the value of gear sold through BC in say a month? Must be several thousands of pounds I reckon.[/quote]

I'd say tens, really!

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1030056' date='Nov 20 2010, 01:17 AM']I wouldn't like to be in that band if they're playing around Glasgow or west central Scotland. :)[/quote]

The Tims - as a band name in Scotland - would have to consist of Bruce Lee on drums, bass, guitar, keys and vox.

Security by Chuck Norris, Stallone, Willis and an 80's miners strike sized police squadron :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1029684' date='Nov 19 2010, 05:43 PM']I'm kind of of the opinion that on the whole, the world might be a slightly better place if more people had it explained to them when they were acting like a right twat.[/quote]

Genius!