Why become a member? ×

why does no one buy anything on this site

geofio

[quote name='geofio' post='1028375' date='Nov 18 2010, 08:26 PM']THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SITE FOR BASS ENTHUSIASTS, EXPENSIVE BASSES, CHEAP BASSES, WHATEVER , ALL I CAN SEE IS GUYS LOOKING AT PICS AND MAKING COMMENTS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, ITS A WASTE OF TIM ADVERTISING ON HERE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE. IS THERE REALLY ANY POINT IN HAVING A FOR SALE SECTION?????? CHEERS GEORGE[/quote]

How come you have offered pickup as an option but haven't stated where it can be picked up from (at least not in your profile or the two threads i looked at).

Your not helping yourself by leaving out details like that.

Personally i find it hard not to buy stuff when i come on here.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1029291' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:28 PM']How come you have offered pickup as an option but haven't stated where it can be picked up from (at least not in your profile or the two threads i looked at).

Your not helping yourself by leaving out details like that.

Personally i find it hard not to buy stuff when i come on here.[/quote]
It's probably the bat wing inlays to b honest. Who seriously would want those?

I tried to sell my black Warwick but no-one wanted it because it had a fish on it :)

[quote name='risingson' post='1029298' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:30 PM']How did I miss this thread?? Absolutely hilarious![/quote]
It got moved from the FS area. I missed it too.

It does make you think, that although you get the odd moaning type about "forum negativity", it's so rare that anyone actually has a full-on breakdance like this one has :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1029301' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:32 PM']It's probably the bat wing inlays to b honest. Who seriously would want those?

I tried to sell my black Warwick but no-one wanted it because it had a fish on it :)[/quote]

But the fish saved you from selling a bass you later realised was a keeper, so you owe the perch one!

Wish i'd have stuck a fish on my old Corvette... sniff....

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1029310' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:35 PM']But the fish saved you from selling a bass you later realised was a keeper, so you owe the perch one!

Wish i'd have stuck a fish on my old Corvette... sniff....[/quote]
That's true :)

But I have the Electra now and I am absolutely in love with it, much more so than the Corvette, sad isn't it. Mind you, it will stay as a backup I reckon.

[quote name='dood' post='1029271' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:20 PM']George, if you spent more time getting involved with the community, it wouldn't take long for you to realise what a great place this is to be. However, If it doesn't suit what you want or need, You are not being forced to stay here - but there's more than 10,000 people who log in to BassChat who do enjoy it![/quote]

As a general comment about Basschat, +1 to the above!

This amazing community of bass-players/musicians is the sort of thing I would have loved to be a part of and have access to when I dirst started playing bass back in the 1970's..

Anyone who doesn't appreciate it now, doesn't realise how lucky we all are to have such a valuable resource available to us for [b]free[/b].

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1029291' date='Nov 19 2010, 01:28 PM']Personally i find it hard not to buy stuff when i come on here.[/quote]
I find it very easy not to buy stuff when I come on here.

If I had some money, it would be a different matter...

Poor George. This has been quite funny but I can't help feeling sorry for the guy. Bit of a spanner but perhaps he just doesn't really understand how these fora work. It's not like there's an internet driving test (nor should there be). Hope he doesn't feel too bullied and manages to sell his bass somewhere!

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='1029484' date='Nov 19 2010, 03:38 PM']Poor George. This has been quite funny but I can't help feeling sorry for the guy. Bit of a spanner but perhaps he just doesn't really understand how these fora work. It's not like there's an internet driving test (nor should there be). Hope he doesn't feel too bullied and manages to sell his bass somewhere![/quote]

He joined almost 2 1/2 years ago it seems he has just used it to sell a few things. He should have got involved with the BC community rather than just using it for free ads.
The only discussion he seems to have taken part in is moaning that no one is buying his bass.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1029494' date='Nov 19 2010, 03:44 PM']He joined almost 2 1/2 years ago it seems he has just used it to sell a few things. He should have got involved with the BC community rather than just using it for free ads.
The only discussion he seems to have taken part in is moaning that no one is buying his bass.[/quote]
Yes but he's a black metaller with batwings and that. They tend to keep themselves to themselves.

I think this forum is the dogs danglies!

have bought and traded via here, no issues.

i kind of get his point, but he went about it in such a poor fashion, he was just frustrated he could not sell his bass, but that said - it really DID not warrant that kind of angry post!