Why become a member? ×

Songs that you hate with a passion

Not one I’ve ever been asked to play (thankfully) but Cher’s ‘Believe’ has to be one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard. 

I’d probably put Beyonce’s new country tune in that category too tbh. Ghastly. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

Not one I’ve ever been asked to play (thankfully) but Cher’s ‘Believe’ has to be one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard. 

That Beyonce song is an abomination.

• Like 2

Led zeppelin - Dazed and confused ..that awful video with page wearing the dated  psychedelic shirt. , and that f&%#ing violin bow. Someone should have stuck it up his jacksy . 

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir 

Walking on sunshine - cheesy song found in Hollywood films 

Faith no more - falling to pieces .. juvenile rapping spoils it . Preferred Chuck mosely on record anyway .

Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl 

Simoly Red - Holding back the ears . That poor rabbit . Well, anything by them really .

Bryan Adams - anything I do for you 

Spice girls - Wannabe

Smashimg pumpkins - anything I've heard by them . The vocals sound like an angry poodle . 
Dancing in the street - all versions I've heard of an awful song 

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

12 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

Thankfully haven't heard the Beyoncé song . The Cher one was that autotuned thing iirc. I just got the latest rammstein album and there is an autotuned track on that . Didn't think they'd do anything like that 

I used to think I hated Mustang Sally, mainly through endlessly playing it in bands/duos and the inevitable 'mom dancing' (is that a thing?) that would accompany it. We ended up vetoing it in the band. Then after about 5 years of not playing it. It was requested at a function and we had to do it. And I enjoyed playing it! What I actually hated was the baggage surrounding it. I feel the same dislike of Wonderwall and I haven't played that one for a few years either. It's not one I would ever suggest but I am open to that possibility that coming back to it with fresh fingers might change that opinion.

So I guess my answer to the OP is no, nothing I hate with a passion.

"What's up" by the 4 Non-Blondes

I was in a covers band for 2 years and we rehearsed weekly. Every rehearsal would start with that song, and every week the guitarist would mess up the intro lead. Now every time I hear that song I hear him playing along in my head. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll leave the hate for the politicians but tunes? hugely dislike maybe and its pretty much everything from around 1990 onwards and, apart from the Sugar Hill Gang, and only that thnks to Bernie Edwards bass line, pretty much every hiphop and rap tune ever written.

Edited by diskwave
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many, many, many.

I do loathe Layla (as already mention above), it just goes on and on. And also in the same vein, Hotel California. The end is on continual repeat to the point I imagine the studio crew there whilst recording it were close to topping themselves after the 2nd listen through.

Edited by Marky L
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Simoly Red - Holding back the ears . That poor rabbit . Well, anything by them really .

That rabbit certainly suffered, don’t forget Bunny’s Too Tight to Mention

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

I'm with you.

Ship Called Dignity is my all time top most worstest song in the world ever. I can't put my finger on what about it makes it so awful, it's just the entire thing.

100%. Something about Deacon Blue that make me cringe every time I hear them. I mentioned Real gone kid but Ship.. is every bit as bad. I can put my finger on why their songs grate. The lead vocals, the backing vocals, the kitchen sink production and the embarrassing lyrics that try to be meaningful but instead sound too earnest.

• Like 2

Valerie and I Predict a Riot are two I absolutely hated hearing and playing. Thankfully the latter had a relatively short lifespan in the set but Valerie - eurgh.

Also Does Your Mother Know, one of the weaker and less well known Abba songs but guitarists always seem to pick it. Hated playing it years ago and our new guitarist is trying to get it into the set, why would you pick that over all the great Abba songs that fill a dancefloor?

7 minutes ago, JellyKnees said:

Sweet Child of Mine. Horrible screeching over tedious clichéd bad American rock music.

Was it cliched when it was released? I recall it was lauded as a breath of fresh air among the hair metal and shedder bands.

2 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Was it cliched when it was released? I recall it was lauded as a breath of fresh air among the hair metal and shedder bands.

Nice guitar sound from the bloke from Stoke , but (always) Axl Rose is the fly in the ointment..

"We Built This City," or as my AV teacher called it when it hit number 1 in the US, "DJs and radio stations are great!  We love them!"

It's one of the mysteries of the universe how Jefferson Airplane, one of the best and most challenging bands of the 1960s devolved through the 70s to emerge as Starship, one of the worst and least challenging bands of the 80s.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

It always sounded like a pretty cliched tune to me. But then I'm not into metal so what do I know?

14 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I think we’ve had similar threads before and nothing has changed for me, no 1 is mustang sally😬,

and I find it hard to listen to ed sheeran and George Ezra for more than a few minutes 

Two minutes?  That's not even one song! Or is that the point that you are making - even one song would be too long! 

• Like 1