Why become a member? ×

Songs that you hate with a passion

2 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Frog Chorus

Proof that McCartney was not a song writing genius

57 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Def McCartneys finest hour!

Darned sight better than Yesterday.

All Beatles songs when they are sung by Lennon and McCartney.

They have written some amazing songs but their voices are awful. I have loads of covers of their songs and I love them. Many different styles, but also some done identically but with good singers.

I wish they had been the Bernies to someone else’s Elton. 

10 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

All Beatles songs when they are sung by Lennon and McCartney.

They have written some amazing songs but their voices are awful. I have loads of covers of their songs and I love them. Many different styles, but also some done identically but with good singers.

I wish they had been the Bernies to someone else’s Elton. 

Would You preffer to ride the horse instead of ferrari ?

8 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Would You preffer to ride the horse instead of ferrari ?

L&M writing skills are Ferrari.

Their singing skills aren’t even horse. Maybe the illegal horsemeat that ended up in a pie not fit for human consumption.

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2024 at 22:16, Clarky said:

For those who posted unsmiley responses to my suggestions re: Don't look back in Anger and Everybody needs somebody, its maybe not the song so much as their amazing power to cause a headlong rush to the dance floor from lagered-up lads (who normally prefer to booze rather than dance), knocking everyone aside, leaving a trail of death and destruction and lots of bro-hugging.

That's just reminded me of another absolutely dreadful pile of crap - Lip Up Fatty by Bad Manners. Dance floor rammed with people doing imitations of Spotty Dog from the Woodentops.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

That faux folk sound around the time Lumineers were ho-heying and stomping their feet. Home by Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeroes, anything Mumfordy. I’ve built up tolerance for adjacent stuff over the years but I still can’t handle that stuff.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tauzero said:

That's just reminded me of another absolutely dreadful pile of crap - Lip Up Fatty by Bad Manners. Dance floor rammed with people doing imitations of Spotty Dog from the Woodentops.

Spotty Dog!! You've made my day :D

One thing that strikes me with most of the songs on this thread is that pretty much all of them could quite easily fall into the category of populist music enjoyed by people who don't really like music.

About 30 years ago, a friend of mine was trying (in vain) to prok a girl from the company typing pool.  They had zero in common until he heard she liked Babe by Styx and that she, 'really loved Styx.'  He was a huge Styx fan (along with all the other bands sharing that pomp rock/yacht rock genre); they were playing at Wembley, he got tickets took her along.  Prior to this, he still hadn't been able to go out with him her, so this was effectively a first date scenario.  A few days after the gig, she hated Styx.  'They were so loud and heavy and I couldn't stand the singer's voice,' she said. Consequentially, any chance of romance was scuppered as soon as they started playing 'Welcome to Paradise'.

This my friends is why we hate the hit singles or the material that breaks the mould of what the real band actually is.

Edited by NancyJohnson
Gender mess up.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

why we hate the hit singles or the material that breaks the mould of what the real band actually is

It can even ruin a perfectly acceptable band, cue Under the Bridge, More than Words etc.

2 hours ago, HMX said:

That faux folk sound around the time Lumineers were ho-heying and stomping their feet. Home by Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeroes, anything Mumfordy. I’ve built up tolerance for adjacent stuff over the years but I still can’t handle that stuff.

This. Ten times over. 

• Like 2

The Beat - Mirror in the Bathroom.

Dancing in the Street.(all versions) 

Rihanna - Umbrella.,ella, ella, ella.... F**k off!

Anything that Sam Smith releases.

Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar.

Wonderwall.

• Haha 2

At the risk of upsetting anyone, I hate Irish folk music or whatever they call that fiddley stuff that just goes round and round the same refrain until the whisky runs out. 
I’m not a fan of English folk music either, and I can’t play it as I don’t posses a duffle coat or sandals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, pst62 said:

Absolutely nauseating!

I was going to say I reckon that could well be the version you dislike most 🤣

It's not the best is it and maybe kindest thing to say is that it was motivated by a good cause.

Dislike of the song itself baffles me tbh but we're all different.

Back to Bowie/Jagger - here's someone who was okay with the cover version but hated the video

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/mick-jaggers-dancing-in-the-street-video-is-one-the-worst-crimes-of-the-80s-6590104#:~:text=On this day%2C 27 years,charity concert event%2C Live Aid.

• Like 1