Why become a member? ×

What's Your current band name ?

nilorius

Batch22. There are reasons for it, but I still don't like it. I was outvoted, but it's not offensive or the like so what the heck.

We're old gits who do hard rock versions of pop songs such as Hungry Like The Wolf, Someone You Loved, that sort of thing.

Edited by Bassfinger

6 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Band 1 - The Spacewasters.

Originals psychobilly type punk. I am the basswaster.

Band 2 - The Dogmattics. 

Classic punk covers.

Band 3 - Thunderkunt.

Classic rock (but instrumental only, no singer, no gigs).

Just a stab in the dark but is there a possibility that the name of band 3, and the term "no gigs" are connected in any way?

• Haha 2

Well, if I pass Wednesday's audition, I will be a member of " Lady & the tramps"  covers band doing stuff by Bonnie Raitte, Samantha Fish, Kelly Clarkson, Sheryl Crow etc. If I don't get it, I'll still be a member of Dereham indoor bowls club which is not really a band as it's a bowls club.

• Like 1

Sock - glam punk originals, formed in 1990. The name was chosen to be "anti cool" . These days we are occasionally billed as Vince Venus and Sock due to an incident on Britain's got Talent a few years ago. More than happy with either version of the name.

The Dooks - country rock with a sense of humour. The band name came from a stage name I was given while depping for another band who do something similar. Took ten seconds to decide on it and we aren't changing it now.

Edited by Dom in Dorset

In order of how busy they are;

Deadlight Dance - 80s Goth inspired duo. It was a reference to Pennywise in "It" and I love the name. We've hit a few snags with people calling us "Dead TIME dance" accidentally, DAD like dance (deliberately) and one comparison to Dead Can Dance. You can't win. I like it so it won't change. Generally it's well received. 

Slyder Smith and the Oblivion Kids - Not wild on the name but it's not my name. The album is great but my preference was for a band as I already had a somebody and the something project...

Richard Davies and the Dissidents - Moderately better. This one came first and we were more involved in production etc so I feel slightly more invested. I generally don't like these sorts of names though as it isn't clear if we have a band or a solo project. 

Last Great Dreamers. They existed in the 90s and I was a fan. As a name I actually don't like it but I liked what the band was so the name gets through on merit. On hiatus currently.

The Jimmy Sixes - 60s R&B style trio. I love the name but we are the laziest band on the planet. Imelda May complimented us on the name. It's a car engine. 

• Like 1

Rascallion - country-rock / Americana with the odd bit of blues-rock thrown in is probably the best description. Mix of CCR, Eagles, Petty, Earle, Stones, plus random others, some of which we're gradually trying to phase out 'cos they don't really fit!

Played our first gig as The Old Rascals, as this was the name the front three had been using when they went out as an electro-acoustic trio plus drum machine. A change of name was mooted as people were taking the proverbial out of us, especially the "Old" bit (OK, we are all gentlemen of a certain age, but that's beside the point) - Mr Drums suggested Rascallion (the archaic form of rapscallion), and in the absence of anything better, we went with that. Needless to say, certain other local bands do apparently refer to us as Crapscallion, but then again we have our own pet names for them too, so fair's fair I guess... 🤷‍♂️

We are called Garrison Lane. The original band members could not agree on a suitable band name back in the late seventies then one of them had to go on an errand to the Lucas factory in Birmingham and passed said Garrison Lane on his way, he put it forward the other members loved it and it stuck.

Please note that this was well before Peaky Blinders became a tv hit.

• Like 1

We’re 4 guys in late 30’s and early 40’s our band is called MLC - Mid-life crisis.

I thought it was a great name, even though there are some other bands who share the name. Am totally happy. 

I was contacted by another band to try out with them, they were called Hashtag and the name was enough to make me think seriously about even trying out. 

In Isolation Name chosen long before I joined, and the band has built up a decent reputation so no reason to change.

Hurtsfall Our ex-guitarist came up with it shortly before he left, but allowed us to keep the name. Not being a real word despite sounding like it should be, it makes the band very search-engine friendly.

IME the best band names are ones that come to you out of nowhere. Every time I'm been in a band that has agonised for ages over the name we have ended up with something that is less than brilliant basically because it was the one that the majority of band members hated the least. Nowadays if I came up with what I thought was a really good band name and another band member refused to be in a band called that, I seriously consider sacking them. A good band name is more important than a stroppy guitarist.

Los Altos - a fairly loose Catalan folk outfit who play acoustic covers of The Ramones, 999, The Damned, Stooges, The Saints, Wire, Soft Boys, etc, sung in Spanish. Just doing it for laughs as and when we get time to play, which isn’t as often as we should as it’s always a laugh when we do. Sometimes we play acoustic Spanish folk tunes and stuff as well.

Lords Of Superglue - a gonzo ‘77 style punk rock outfit whose songs are all around 70 seconds long and the lyrics are always about something daft, like your mum wearing pyjamas to go to the shops, or when you glued falafels on your girlfriend’s car. Or when you snorted crushed up Ricicles for a bet, or about gabions, or reality TV contestants or Thai green curry or whatever. We make Splodgenessabounds look like King Crimson, but somebody has to. They were called something not especially PC before I joined, so I’m glad they changed it.

I didn’t choose either name but they’re alright for what they are I guess.

#1 Barbed (Classic Rock With Balls) - Rock and metal covers. Being a four piece the 'balls' part comes from trying stuff other four piece bands won't lol

#2 Ultimate Sin - Ozzy and Black Sabbath tribute show. four piece again, and we actually have a singist that not only sounds like him but looks like him too ;)

#3 Thunderstick - reactivated NWOBHM band featuring ex Samson and Iron Maiden drummer (can you guess what his name is?🤣) My second studio album with them is due for release imminently, but I've also done EPs and a live album. A new live album is to be recorded in Poland later this year.

#4 Good Morning Vietnam - Late 60's and 70's largely american covers of the vietnam era

#5 Desolate Pathway - Traditional Doom metal. Album recorded and waiting for release  

#6 Monsters of Rock - Covers from bands that played Donington pre 1992

Keeps me busy lol

4 hours ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

We’re 4 guys in late 30’s and early 40’s our band is called MLC - Mid-life crisis.

I thought it was a great name, even though there are some other bands who share the name. Am totally happy. 

I was contacted by another band to try out with them, they were called Hashtag and the name was enough to make me think seriously about even trying out. 

I was in an Essex band called Midlife Crisis (South Woodham Ferrer's) at that time, there was even a website dedicated to bands with that name.  There were 43 bands registered😂

Edited by leschirons
  • Haha 2

My main musical regret is that in 46 years of being in gigging bands I have never, ever been in one with a half decent name 🙁

i wont list them all, but lowest point had to be a school punk band called the Thrush-ridden Apes (usually billed as The TRA)