Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt with SBL

jezzaboy

Hey all, just wanted to say a massive thanks for all these suggestions... some really great ones here! 

I'm in contact with a lot of these players already or have worked with them in the past, so for the most part it'll be pretty simple for me to set something up ... except for... PINO!... 

Well... at least for now, lol. He's a suuuuper private guy (hence why he hasn't done anything in an interview format like this for a loooong time... last thing I've seen was that old BBC thing). That said, I've got a few irons in the fire, so its not impossible... just a patience thing. 

Anywho... thanks again for all the ideas (and keep em' coming if you have any more!)... and if do manage to land the Pino interview, I'll report back ;)

Scott  

• Like 17

It'll be great to see some more top bass players get the SBL treatment and do the string change challenge! You'll stand more chance getting Pino than John Deacon who is even more suuuuuuper private.

Edited by mep
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Loads of great suggestions so far that'd make great interviews. How about.....

Tony Franklin 

Mike Watt

Peter Hook

Justin Chancellor

Robert Trujillo

Billy Sheehan

Lee Sklar

Georgia South

Cass Lewis

Cass Lewis - another absolute gem 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, devinebass said:

Hey all, just wanted to say a massive thanks for all these suggestions... some really great ones here! 

I'm in contact with a lot of these players already or have worked with them in the past, so for the most part it'll be pretty simple for me to set something up ... except for... PINO!... 

Well... at least for now, lol. He's a suuuuper private guy (hence why he hasn't done anything in an interview format like this for a loooong time... last thing I've seen was that old BBC thing). That said, I've got a few irons in the fire, so its not impossible... just a patience thing. 

Anywho... thanks again for all the ideas (and keep em' coming if you have any more!)... and if do manage to land the Pino interview, I'll report back ;)

Scott  

Yeah, that was always going to be a tough one to land, he hardly does magazine interviews, let alone something like this. However, given his recent jazz release, who knows? I won’t be holding my breath though, as much as he, along with Tony Levin, would be my top picks.

2 hours ago, devinebass said:

Scott  

Ah man, I'm so hoping you can pull this off and get Pino to the SBL interview. I probably listen to something he's played on every day, such a huge influence and one of main reasons I play fretless. Good luck and fingers crossed 👍

Personally, I'm interested in the everyway pros with a story to tell, guys like Guy Pratt but perhaps didn't get the big break like Guy did. The recently departed Phil Spalding (RIP) would have been a good one, as well as guys like Neil Murray, Cass Lewis, Paul Grey, Gerry McAvoy, etc.

There's a great player called Roger Innis, who must be the hardest working bass player in the UK - constantly working, but never quite never quite hit the big time or got the gig with the right band at the right time (usually playing with hit acts long after they were famous). I'm sure that he's got some great stories to tell and advice to give. 

Edited by peteb

On 12/02/2023 at 13:08, devinebass said:

Hey, thanks for posting! 🙌 ... this is the first in a series of this format and we had ZERO idea whether peeps would dig it or not. Thankfully, it's looking like they do :) 

We've actually already filmed another one w/ Henrik Linder, and also one w/ Rob Mullarkey and Richard Spaven... those will be released over the next few weeks over on the YouTube channel. 

Cheers, 

Scott 

massively enjoyed it, the banter between you all is such fun and hell's bells what a player :)