Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

9 minutes ago, BassAdder60 said:

My home town back in the day !

We are playing the Black Horse Ipswich in 2024 🤟

Nice place - we played there a couple of times.  Lovely couple who run the place and easy load in!  What's not to like.

My band, Gévaudan, have a new album coming out and we're celebrating by hosting a night in Camden at the Fiddler's Elbow on Friday 13 October.

We're essentially a doom band, but with a lot of 70s and psychedelic influences. Solid line up with some good friends, who all play some pretty mean riffs.

Ticket link: https://www.wegottickets.com/event/589810/

Band links:

https://spotify.link/wxPA5mEhyDb

https://gevaudan.bandcamp.com

New album preview: https://youtu.be/wpGnWikFdKk?si=EH5N5WKcIb2da3Iu

Thanks ✌️

IMG_20231001_192711_787.thumb.jpg.d9c8ca9322198a93607d87eccd4bdda2.jpg

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 3

Next gig for Hurtsfall will be on 14th October at the Malt Shovel, Beeston, as part of Beeston Oxjam

Despite it being only a week and half away no bands or times have been officially announced by the festival organisation.

We've been given a starting time of 5.00pm but both this and the venue itself are still only provisional. Should either change I'll update the details.

377513793-704443768380552-50174670001202

• Like 3

We play our favourite venue on Friday, Hythe and District Social Club, not far from Southampton. Last weekend we payed a new venue, I will not mention names but it was a very friendly place. However. at the end an elderly man, that may have had too close a reletionship with the old Wife Beater (Stella Artthingy), came  up shouting the odds saying our singer cannot sing and could not read the room. Now as a buch of weekend warriors playing pubs ans clubs, Muse we ain't, but I have seen and indeed played in worse bands. The thing is that the old idea of a slow one towards the end of the evening was killing the ambience created an built up through the night. So we, like many bands, have dropped it. After the agressive rant, 10 or more people came up and said that they had enjoyed it and to ignore the  drunken old farts, but it did spoil the night.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

After the agressive rant, 10 or more people came up and said that they had enjoyed it and to ignore the  drunken old farts, but it did spoil the night.

There's always one. S/he knows better, has done it before, could do much better than the singer/guitarist/bassist/keyboardist/triangle player, used to play in a much better band and was around when music was real music and not the rubbish of today. We even had one guy going through every bit of kit we had onstage telling us why it was rubbish. It can spoil the night at the time, but the reality is that everyone else enjoyed - and they confirmed that your critic wasn't worth listening to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

We play our favourite venue on Friday, Hythe and District Social Club, not far from Southampton. Last weekend we payed a new venue, I will not mention names but it was a very friendly place. However. at the end an elderly man, that may have had too close a reletionship with the old Wife Beater (Stella Artthingy), came  up shouting the odds saying our singer cannot sing and could not read the room. Now as a buch of weekend warriors playing pubs ans clubs, Muse we ain't, but I have seen and indeed played in worse bands. The thing is that the old idea of a slow one towards the end of the evening was killing the ambience created an built up through the night. So we, like many bands, have dropped it. After the agressive rant, 10 or more people came up and said that they had enjoyed it and to ignore the  drunken old farts, but it did spoil the night.

I know it’s not really the same thing and I have no idea how you might even implement such an idea with a band, but…

When I worked for a mobile disco in the early 90s, there were often fights (oh how I hated doing weddings!). Sometimes during the disco but often afterwards.

A decade later, my wife and I out a mobile disco together (so I could play with the pretty lights!) and there was only ever one fight (in a different building. It was a wedding reception held on a farm, where the disco was in a stable block, away from the main house where the fight was. Anyway…). I mainly put this down to my wife’s brilliant idea of playing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life as we started packing things away at the end of every disco. It never failed to have people singing along with it as they left the venue.

• Like 1

I've got one this weekend with Aimless Arrows. Weavers Market in Trowbridge at 1415, with quite an interesting line up of bands starting around 1130.

We are debuting our new live sound, it's going to be exciting! 

Edit - we have been moved to a new venue. Emannuels Yard so as to avoid a clash with the bellringers! Same time, and same great line up.

Edited by BreadBin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, casapete said:

Our upcoming gigs over the next few months, ( although we’ve just heard that the Carlisle gig has been 

cancelled due to problems at The Sands venue regarding the concrete structure of the building.)

IMG_3446.jpeg

I have a family member in Welwyn Garden City that loves ELO, I think the two of us will be going to the Stevenage gig.

• Like 1