Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros

Supernaut

Recently purchased a bass from Will. tried emailing several shops for trade quotation for my basses, and Will gave me the most reasonable ones. Phone call made, drove to the shop and within the day I got the Big Red bass from him. BassBros is now my favorite shop to deal with. 👍

Edited by ordep
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, BassBunny said:

You and me both. Andy Baxter is the same. Approached both about selling my ACG, no replies at all.

Try WhatsApp with the contact number on BassBros' website 07946023849

I did and got a reply within a couple of hours

Edited by Clarky

38 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Even the "mighty" Bass Bros aren't immune to supplying the wrong information.

This 8-string Kramer is listed as having 20 frets and being 34" scale, when you can clearly see that it has 24 frets and which means that it is 30" scale.

I like the fact that listings for all amps, cabinets and effects on the site include a statement detailing 'A professional setup will be carried out on this bass'. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Even the "mighty" Bass Bros aren't immune to supplying the wrong information.

This 8-string Kramer is listed as having 20 frets and being 34" scale, when you can clearly see that it has 24 frets and which means that it is 30" scale.

Thanks for pointing that out, occasionally there are mistakes/typos on the site. I will update it now. Feel free to let me know directly should you have any issues on the site again. 

Thanks 

Will  

38 minutes ago, thodrik said:

I like the fact that listings for all amps, cabinets and effects on the site include a statement detailing 'A professional setup will be carried out on this bass'. 

Yes that is something my website guys are meant to be sorting out. Should be sorted soon, I know it looks a bit ridiculous on an amp listing 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Willfunk said:

Yes that is something my website guys are meant to be sorting out. Should be sorted soon, I know it looks a bit ridiculous on an amp listing 😂

As someone who is constantly struggling with website guys in my own job, I really do sympathise with the frustration that it can bring!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have very recently bought a bass from these chaps.

Will was brilliant to deal with. The bass arrived very quickly, within 48 hours of purchase. That is amazing considering couriers/post/weather at this moment.

It was superbly packaged. On opening it, the bass was exactly as per photos.

Intonation was spot on as was action, neck relief & pickup heights. The bass has been very well cleaned, it was superbly presented.

FULLY RECOMMENDED PEEPS, buy with utmost confidence.

Cheers Will, I have no doubt I will be back to pester you again

• Like 4

On 11/10/2022 at 17:23, thodrik said:

Having said that, the Fender Am Std Jazz bass that I bought from Bass Bros recently had a very good set up! 

Edited by peteb
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, karlfer said:

I have very recently bought a bass from these chaps.

Will was brilliant to deal with. The bass arrived very quickly, within 48 hours of purchase. That is amazing considering couriers/post/weather at this moment.

It was superbly packaged. On opening it, the bass was exactly as per photos.

Intonation was spot on as was action, neck relief & pickup heights. The bass has been very well cleaned, it was superbly presented.

FULLY RECOMMENDED PEEPS, buy with utmost confidence.

Cheers Will, I have no doubt I will be back to pester you again

I sense it becoming a weekly thing, Karl…..

• Haha 1

Ive never heard of these lads, but their prices on used basses seem very reasonable. I csnt believe some of them havent been snatched up.

There's a nice red MIA p there for like 900 quid.

Edited by lidl e

• 3 weeks later...

Got my second Stingray yesterday, direct from Will (as was my first).

Just wanted to add a huge +1 to everything said above. Instrument arrived absolutely ready to play. Like most of us, I've bought loads of basses over the years (and had some terrible experiences!) but now wouldn't go anywhere else. This is how you sell instruments! 👍

• Like 3

8 hours ago, spongebob said:

Got my second Stingray yesterday, direct from Will (as was my first).

Just wanted to add a huge +1 to everything said above. Instrument arrived absolutely ready to play. Like most of us, I've bought loads of basses over the years (and had some terrible experiences!) but now wouldn't go anywhere else. This is how you sell instruments! 👍

he had a mij fender p bass with us pick ups and electronics. i took to long to decide and missed it. so gutted. they seem like really cool and helpful people. i asked whether the electronics was us and they sent me a load of pictures as well as info.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2022 at 10:17, Ricky Rioli said:

And this sense that the action is mostly experienced players selling well known 4-figure basses puts me off wanting to sell my own cheaper, less eye-catching basses through Bassbros, despite having had an 11/10 experience with them when buying.

Will has sold a few of my basses that were very much not in the 4-figure price bracket (sub £500) so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.  They both received exactly the same treatment as the cool expensive stuff, as in excellent service.

• Like 1

Yet another dealing with Will at Bass Bros. Recently purchased a Sandberg Electra bass from the website which I love!.Great service and pleasant transaction. So I decided to move on one of my Fender Precision guitars. Sent details to Will and he came back with a very fair offer. Money now in my account today! I must just say I had already spent it last week anyway! But again big shout out to Will and Bass Bros. Fantastic folk to deal with!

• Like 1