Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros

Supernaut

1 hour ago, Dazed said:

I believe @tauzero bought a bass from them in person earlier this week. He posted in the forum Bass Guitars. 

Oh ok. That is weird. Maybe they got caught up. I emailed kloppmann pickups. They took a while to reply but apologised saying the email got lost in filter. That happens sometimes. It go to junk mail. Happened to me with clients lol 

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

We're talking about picking up the phone, not riding on the back of a turtle to a witch's cavern on an island in the middle of the Forbidden Lake of Death.

It was a joke, but even so, I barely have time to speak to people on the phone, and if the website advertises a customer contact mechanism it should be monitored and responded to. 

Just now, Burns-bass said:

It was a joke, but even so, I barely have time to speak to people on the phone, and if the website advertises a customer contact mechanism it should be monitored and responded to. 

In that case, someone else gets the bass you're after. Unlucky.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

We're talking about picking up the phone, not riding on the back of a turtle to a witch's cavern on an island in the middle of the Forbidden Lake of Death.

I don't know that shop - do have anything good in there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

There's a contact/WhatsApp button on the mobile version of the Bass Bros website if you don't want to use the phone and whenever I've contact Will via it he's responded swiftly. 

Yes normally I use the what’s app function and he replies rather swiftly also. Not been the case this time. I sent a whats app message then a couple days in I went on the contact section to send a email. 

On 17/08/2023 at 21:37, bagsieblue said:

They are OK.

Sold me a bass that was massivley mis described but we eventually came to an agreement on it.

They did the same with me, which disappointed me, but I just sent it back without a fuss. Will was great about it. They ended up selling it eventually. I do have a bass on consignment with them at the moment, so let’s see how that process goes. All good though. Easy to deal with. 

Edited by mattbass6
Grammar/Spelling updates

19 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

Yes - I emailed Bass Bros at the weekend and haven't heard back. 

To follow up on myself, Will emailed me back today - my message was in his junk folder.  I think people must know that legit stuff does sometimes end up in junk and it's something that you need to keep on top of more than once a week.  Anyway, I'm not enraged or anything like that.

1 hour ago, jrixn1 said:

To follow up on myself, Will emailed me back today - my message was in his junk folder.  I think people must know that legit stuff does sometimes end up in junk and it's something that you need to keep on top of more than once a week.  Anyway, I'm not enraged or anything like that.

Yeah I’m not enraged in the slightest. Genuinely wanted to see if everything is ok. 

I’ve interacted with him before. 

I've already spent too much with Will already but yes its a great site and a lot of stock changing

Mainly used which is great....problem is new stuff comes up too tempting..

Great to deal with and I'm spoilt as 20mins to both BassBros and Bass Direct 🤐

Mainly just basses, if you want accessories or parts maybe not

So far I've chopped and changed

Fender Jazz Japan

Music Man Stingray

Genzler array combo with the 1x10 array cab perfect for home and goofing around with chums

I no have a Roscoe SKB 5 string with in Mahogany and a Koa top 😍

Appointment only but all good so far no complaints

Update. I just called will. They are updating the server. He didn’t realise things wasn’t going through his side both email and what’s app. 

I would suggest giving him a call as you are sure to get hold of him. 

As normal his a great person to communicate with regarding possible purchases. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. Just finished communicating with Will, who I have to say, has gone above and beyond this evening. Even until this time when the shop is closed, Will has been talking to me about the bass I have on consignment with him. The long and short of it is, Will has agreed to buy the bass off me for very close to what I was hoping for in order for me to finalise some plans that the sale of this bass was set out to secure. The money was also in my account, tonight, within 5 minutes of agreeing the deal. Amazing.

I am ever so grateful for his help and for his open, honest and friendly communications. The deal was done with absolutely no hassles. I have no hesitation in dealing with Will and Bass Bros in the future, and if you have any thing you want to buy, sell or part ex, you can deal without any worry, I promise you. 

Isn’t the bass community great. It’s alive and kicking, and we really are a lucky bunch. Thanks Will and Bass Bros 🙏🏻

Edited by mattbass6
Added another sentence about payment.
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, mattbass6 said:

Evening all. Just finished communicating with Will, who I have to say, has gone above and beyond this evening. Even until this time when the shop is closed, Will has been talking to me about the bass I have on consignment with him. The long and short of it is, Will has agreed to buy the bass off me for very close to what I was hoping for in order for me to finalise some plans that the sale of this bass was set out to secure. The money was also in my account, tonight, within 5 minutes of agreeing the deal. Amazing.

I am ever so grateful for his help and for his open, honest and friendly communications. The deal was done with absolutely no hassles. I have no hesitation in dealing with Will and Bass Bros in the future, and if you have any thing you want to buy, sell or part ex, you can deal without any worry, I promise you. 

Isn’t the bass community great. It’s alive and kicking, and we really are a lucky bunch. Thanks Will and Bass Bros 🙏🏻

I’m not surprised tbh. My experience with him via what’s app of phone has been top. Comes across as a honest person. 

• Like 1

Another voice for the crowd.  I have today taken delivery of a mint (still has scratchplate plastic on!) 2 yr old Gibson SG standard bass in ebony that weighs just 3.2kg/7lbs.  Original hardcase, tags and case candy.  Marvellous thing.  Will is a super helpful and accomodating guy.

• Like 5

On 17/08/2023 at 16:06, Burns-bass said:

There is literally no faster means of conversing than actually speaking to someone (the human race hasn't mastered telepathy yet). Just admit you don't like it and save us this excuse about not having time to use a telephone. Loads of adults seem to suffer with an unusual anxiety about this perfectly normal act. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Purchased a Yamaha pulser 400 bass from Bassbros this week. The service was amazing. Communication has been second to none and even after I received the bass he contacted me to see how things are. 

This is the first time I have ever bought a bass online without trying it. Will at Bassbros will most definitely have another customer. 

Highly recommend the company. 

Edited by soulstar89
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

In this day and age, if you want your small business to take off and be sustainable, you’ve got to be on top of your communication. 

I used WhatsApp to contact them a couple of weeks ago, no answer. I know it was the end of year holidays but it’s now 8th January. 

same with an email I sent weeks ago. 

I’ll look elsewhere.