Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2022 - Sunday 9th October

scrumpymike

I’ve got an old Axl guitar amp I’ll stick in the raffle or give away. I was going to repurpose it as a guitar speaker cab  but didn’t get round to it!! 

My Line 6 Studio 110 amp I’m bringing will be up for sale if anyone is interested.

I’ve also got a Harley Benton Shorty for sale that I’ll bring along.

Looking forward to it - see you all tomorrow. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

I’ve also got a Harley Benton Shorty for sale that I’ll bring along.

Oooooo ... I'm a confirmed lover of short scales, and have managed to salvage an EMG Geezer Butler passive P pickup from my fire that sounded amazing in my first bass, a Greg Bennett Corsair MC-1 short scale (Which the fire ate!)

S'manth xx

The SW Bass Bash just gets better and better!

Many thanks to ScrumpyMike, Mrs Scrumpy and their supporting team of family and friends for putting on another superb Bash. It was great - great venue, great food, great bassists, great basses, great cheese (scones).

Nice to meet old and new faces, try out some exotic gear and exchange stories. 

I’m already looking forward to the next one!

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

20221009_135911.thumb.jpg.94b05e327d595792d3abb366a4010de8.jpg

What a handsome couple of fellas! 😁

Great to see you all, I think that's the busiest I've ever seen it.

I can only echo the sentiment - biggest thanks to the team for putting it on and providing the food that makes it so great.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

What a fantastic day! Great organisation by @scrumpymike and excellent lunch that everyone has come to expect. I enoyed listening to @fiatcoupe432 on the six string bass and @TheRev on double bass. Thanks to @Phil Starr for a fascinating cab shootout and @Chienmortbb for his free amp measuring service. The lovely atmosphere at these SW bashes makes them a pleasure to attend. The high spot for me was when @Pea Turgh's son - who has been playing bass for six months by borrowing his dad's bass - won the P.Bass in the raffle.

• Like 11

Thanks so much for a lovely, lovely day. So many friends I didn't get a chance to talk to and so many I did. My apologies to both :) Special thanks to Mike for organising things and his wife (who must have a name other than Mrs Scrumpy) for the wonderful food.

• Like 6

Just gathered ourselves up off the sofa and jumped (OK, crawled!!) onto the Bash topic. Thanks for your kind words. We had an absolute blast as always. They're always really enjoyable but on a subjective level this Bash was the best so far. Brilliant to see the regulars back plus some new faces and the usual array of superb gear. My highlights were playing Stewie's Reverends (tempted), Keith's Acinonyx, the cab shoot-out, learning from Stevie that my choice of 'best shoot-out cab' was actually the cheaper one he makes 🙂 - and seeing PeaTurgh draw the raffle ticket that won his son a bass 👏.  Mrs. Scrumpy (aka Gabrielle) wants you to know that she is so grateful for the appreciative comments received both at the hall and on here.

Back to the sofa - we feel we've earned it. Janey's pics will follow tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, stevie said:

What a fantastic day! Great organisation by @scrumpymike and excellent lunch that everyone has come to expect. I enoyed listening to @fiatcoupe432 on the six string bass and @TheRev on double bass. Thanks to @Phil Starr for a fascinating cab shootout and @Chienmortbb for his free amp measuring service. The lovely atmosphere at these SW bashes makes them a pleasure to attend. The high spot for me was when @Pea Turgh's son - who has been playing bass for six months by borrowing his dad's bass - won the P.Bass in the raffle.

I thought that was so delightful too!

S'manth x

• Like 2