Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2022 - Sunday 9th October

scrumpymike

Right, for the last time...

Updated Gear List & Raffle Donations 

1. @Andyjr1515 - SWAPAATBWADS* Fretless; FOR SALE: 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor bass
  2. @BreadBin - TCE combo, pedal board, a couple of 5-strings, fretted and fretless, 4-string Allen Eden Jazz
  3. @Charliebass212 - basses, Markbass heads and my Barefaced cabs
  4. @Chienmortbb - Fender Aerodyne Jazz, Sire Marcus Miller M2, Ashdown Retroglide 800 amp, BC112MK3 12" Cabinet, Amplifier frequency response test rig *FOR SALE* Fender Aerodyne Jazz Pickups P/J, Marshall ED1 Compressor, Ramsa WP-1200 Power Amp
  5. @fiatcoupe432 - Pentabuzz, Mtly pasini fretless, MIJ Ibanez 6 string
  6. @Frank Blank - Jabba fretted bass, Ibanez SRC6, Yamaha Silent Classical Guitar *FOR SALE*, QSC K12.2
  7. @GrahamT - NS Radius CR5, Spector Spectorcore 5 and defretted Line 6 Variax 705, Genz Benz Streamliner 600, GB Focus 112 cab, battery powered Pignose 30
  8. @Jabba_the_gut - Semi hollow fretless bass, 5 string mini bass, Ibanez RB960 bass, Markbass 801, Line 6 Studio 110, TC RS450 combo
  9. @JohnDaBass - Fender Imp micro Combo clone, BC110/MiniMax combo, P Bass Bitsa ash/Dimarzio/JazzMN, P Bitsa Black alder/Dimarzio/ Jazz MN, Bitsa '72 Jazz /CS '62 Pups/ MN, '52 P Bass Bitsa/Lindy Fralin Pup, Fender Kingman 34ins Acoustic bass
  10. @Mottlefeeder - Ibanez 5-string AB, Hohner B2V, kit built passive 4-strings, couple of home-brew battery combos, an 'Even briefer case' 150W twin 5 inch, and a 75W/150W 1x10inch & 1x10 extension speaker, plus a Vong HPF/LPF/DI pedal and an MXR 3-band EQ/DI pedal
  11. @Norm - Trace Elliot v4 valve head, Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Squier 5str Precision, Squier 5str Jazz, Musicman Stingray 4str (poss for sale/trade), Boss Micro-cube & headphones for when it gets noisy
  12. @Pea Turgh - DIY Basschat micro cab, Ampeg PF350, Toby Pro 4 bass.

DIY Basschat micro cab, Ampeg PF350, Toby Pro 4 bass

13. @Richard R - 4 and 5 string Brawleys, an EBS session 60 amp, bass weighing scales and a spreadsheet or some other way to show the data
  14. @scrumpymike - two Andy Rogers custom-builds; Vox Starstream A2S; FOR SALE!!  Gillett Contour Standard 4; Mesa TT-800 head; Hand-Box R-400 head; 2 x Barefaced SC3 cabs
  15. @sprocketflup - NS EUB, 5 string fretless Sei
  16. @Stub Mandrel - Orange Bass Terror, bitsa p-bass, C2, AT212
  17. @TheRev - double bass (poss), Italia Rimini, Chowny SWB fretless (FOR SALE), MAS45 cab/Techamp Puma/Fishman pre
  18. @Woodinblack - 27" Jabba bass, some spectors, Squier mustang *FOR SALE*, maybe the chapman stick
  19. @wrinkleygit - Jabba Telebass, Jabba Fretless, 70’s fretless P bass, Warmoth bitsa fretted P, TC BAM200
  20. @yorks5stringer - Nordstrand Acinonyx

LIST OF RAFFLE-PRIZE DONATIONS 

• Gator rack-mount case - donated by @scrumpymike
  • A 6 metre cable, using Neutrik Jacks and Sommer Retro Braided Cable - donated by @Chienmortbb 
  • Hardly used (never for vocals) Sonitronics STC-80 Cardioid Dynamic Mic with Stand Clip - donated by @Andyjr1515
  • Gig bags including Roqsolid zipped case, a picture of the Beatles on old photopaper, loads of Q CD's. - donated by @yorks5stringer
  • 34" medium scale Nickel strings, 34" medium scale Nickel and a selection of Cadburys chocolate donated by @Richard R
  • A clip-on tuner donated by @wrinkleygit
  • Mighty Bass Tru pass thro tuner, Ammon sub & up octaver donated by @JohnDaBass
  • Tech21 BassCompactor compressor donated by @TheRev
  • A folding bass stand and maybe a cymbal stand donated by @Pea Turgh
  • Digitech RP80 donated by @BreadBin
Edited by Frank Blank

If anybody is interested I've a couple of empty 1x12 cabs far from new and well used but free to anyone interested. If you are a lazy DIY'er They would suit a wide variety of 12" drivers. Let me know and you can take them away from the bash saving a lot of hassle with postage.

• Like 2

This is the first draft Bass Weights spreadsheet.  The first sheet is for input, the other tabs have a couple of example graphs. 

I've not included too many data fields but enough to provide some stats.

Not quite sure how the best way to do this is, but Mike's suggestion is that we set it up in the small room and periodically have weigh-ins.  Hopefully there will be something interesting in the data -  I was tempted to include "weight of owner" as a column to see if there is a correlation.

Bass Weights.xlsm

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Richard R said:

This is the first draft Bass Weights spreadsheet.  The first sheet is for input, the other tabs have a couple of example graphs. 

I've not included too many data fields but enough to provide some stats.

Not quite sure how the best way to do this is, but Mike's suggestion is that we set it up in the small room and periodically have weigh-ins.  Hopefully there will be something interesting in the data -  I was tempted to include "weight of owner" as a column to see if there is a correlation.

Bass Weights.xlsm 73.28 kB · 0 downloads

Weigh-ins?  Are we testing for Clomifene too?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Weigh-ins?  Are we testing for Clomifene too?

From Wikipedia:

"Clomifene, also known as clomiphene, is a medication used to treat infertility in women who do not ovulate, including those with polycystic ovary syndrome. Use results in a greater chance of twins.It is taken by mouth once a day, with a course of treatment that usually lasts for 5 days."

Unless it also enhances rhythm and groove in middle-aged bassists I don't think it's something we're likely to encounter on Sunday 😉

I'll stick to asking folks to weigh their basses and starting a BC-wide database.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Richard R said:

From Wikipedia:

"Clomifene, also known as clomiphene, is a medication used to treat infertility in women who do not ovulate, including those with polycystic ovary syndrome. Use results in a greater chance of twins.It is taken by mouth once a day, with a course of treatment that usually lasts for 5 days."

Unless it also enhances rhythm and groove in middle-aged bassists I don't think it's something we're likely to encounter on Sunday 😉

I'll stick to asking folks to weigh their basses and starting a BC-wide database.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20013617/what-is-clomifene-banned-substance-conor-benn/

Having read this thread, despite the awful puns and the distance I’m decided it sounds too good to miss and so I’m going to come along, so many folks I’m looking forward to meeting and learning from.

So … shower and then loading up Ruby (my red mini) … hopefully arrive before noon (when does it run till?).

S’manth xxx

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

The Bash is tomorrow, Sunday 9th

I blame my irregular nursing shifts for my body clock being all over the place! (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!)

So I’ve an extra day to plan and pack and can arrive a bit earlier.

when does it run from/to?

S’manth x

• Like 3

9 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

I have managed to miss this entire fight story, and therefore the drug reference. 😅

So clomifene might have a use among middle-aged bassists after all.

Edited by Richard R
Edited for grammar.

2 hours ago, Smanth said:

Having read this thread, despite the awful puns and the distance I’m decided it sounds too good to miss and so I’m going to come along, so many folks I’m looking forward to meeting and learning from.

So … shower and then loading up Ruby (my red mini) … hopefully arrive before noon (when does it run till?).

S’manth xxx

Looking forward to seeing you again. What are you bringing?

19 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Final appeal, don't forget to bring any socket reels or plug extensions you have. Don't say I didn't warn you...

image268.thumb.png.02ad471a115e83973bf36ce8bea3fe32.png

Most of my gear uses things like this 😊

image.png.0163e28bf7d2cf02bd91279d952aa31c.png
image.thumb.jpeg.cf9ea1c6341f0e46db628f50f3bfe1f3.jpeg

tho in a pinch I can always try this 🤣

image.png.856642018466ff4c86f2c71e9344e509.png

It I will bring the sockets and reel I have 😊

S’manth x

• Haha 2