Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine

xilddx

[quote name='RichB' post='561364' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:59 PM']BGM is a bit like bass players themselves. Understated but fulfills an essential duty. Wish it was a bit longer finished mine by 3pm yesterday only bought at midday![/quote]

Bargain!! Can't get much for around £1.50p an hour these days.

Well, not since I became too old to be a rent boy :)

[quote name='rslaing' post='561382' date='Aug 5 2009, 07:22 PM']Bargain!! Can't get much for around £1.50p an hour these days.

Well, not since I became too old to be a rent boy :)[/quote]

oooh eer! I'm not sure what I've started there :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Cornfedapache' post='567858' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:29 PM']My subscription renewal's come through, but I can't decide if I want to take it...

Not sure if the mag is as 'packed' as under the previous editor, although I like the direction the new ed has taken it...[/quote]
What are you doing here - thought you were on holiday :rolleyes:

Must say I have just cancelled my subscription to Acoustic Guitar and will be taking out one with BGM (same company I believe) so they won't be losing out :)

New issue dropped through the door yesterday. Interview with Doug Wimbush and review of his sig Spector. But don't be alarmed it isn't all expensive reviews there are some "real world" products in there too. Looks like they are staring to get the gear mix right.

[quote name='ezbass' post='575202' date='Aug 20 2009, 10:22 AM']New issue dropped through the door yesterday. Interview with Doug Wimbush and review of his sig Spector. But don't be alarmed it isn't all expensive reviews there are some "real world" products in there too. Looks like they are staring to get the gear mix right.[/quote]
Have'nt seen this months yet, usually dont get it until about the 26th, but glad to hear there are some real world reviews, it's about time really.

On the Warwick ad, that custom 5 string with the Kahler trem is the first W bass in years that has made me go "phwoarr" :)

I have yet to read it in any detail, but the renaissance appears to be continuing. A good mix of reviews and some decent i/views.

[quote name='sk8' post='573825' date='Aug 19 2009, 09:38 AM']i agree both have adverts but i've enjoyed reading Bass Player and not BGM.

My choice, my opinion.[/quote]
I agree, and I would deny you neither.
My point was that you appeared to be criticising BGM for having 'a lot of adverts'.

The great thing for me about this month's BGM is Doug Wimbish on the front with his new signature Spector, Doug Wimbish in the middle with his new signature Spector, Doug Wimbish's new signature Sector reviewed in the middle and Doug Wimbish with his old signature Ibanez on the back :) ! Come on Rotosound, sort it out! Get some new shots of Doug!