Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

Yes, I bet they'd be very keen on the whole "Facebook have repeatedly been warned and notified of this individual's actions, but despite these numerous reports they have as yet done absolutely nothing about it" line. Definitely worth a try.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yes, I bet they'd be very keen on the whole "Facebook have repeatedly been warned and notified of this individual's actions, but despite these numerous reports they have as yet done absolutely nothing about it" line. Definitely worth a try.

And the Police, and Action Fraud by the sounds of it too... 

We only know of bassists affected, and only those savvy enough to search around and land here. So you can probably assume for evert 1 person we know that's been scammed, there are at least 10 that we don't know of.

This is a big case, the guy has a history of fraud and other convictions too, so I think this would definitely be of interest to something like Rip Off Britain.

Who ever among us has the most detail on this case should raise it with them, see if they want to investigate and report on it. 

• Like 4

I the other thread on this subject I mentioned that Leicestershire Trading Standards supported the 2020 prosecution of this chap which resulted in him being convicted of five charges of fraud by false representation and two of falsifying articles for the purpose of fraud. It might be worth also contacting Trading Standards to bring him to their attention again.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Everyone's favourite bass player Mr Mick Mason is playing a gig at the Belmont Conservative Club in Sutton, SW London on July 23rd with the Andrew James 'Phil Collins Easy Lover' tribute band. I believe its a Basschat tradition to try and support members when they are playing locally.....

Heres the link 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/events/746320790085019/?active_tab=discussion

https://belmontconservativeclub.co.uk/?page_id=2394

Edited by Rich
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Steve Browning said:

Given that he's had a good amount of interaction on here. Might be amusing to show yourself as going. 🙂

Could be sold out before they know it......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Does it come as a surprise the Belmont Conservative Club spawns a "Back to the 80's Tribrute Night" (sic) ?
Of course they actually mean "Back to the 80s Tri-Brute Night"
😐

At this rate, it could turn in to a “Back to the 80s Tribunal Night” 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 02/04/2022 at 12:31, Mudpup said:

Everyone's favourite bass player Mr Mick Mason is playing a gig at the Belmont Conservative Club in Sutton, SW London on July 23rd with the Andrew James 'Phil Collins Easy Lover' tribute band. I believe its a Basschat tradition to try and support members when they are playing locally.....

Heres the link 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/events/746320790085019/?active_tab=discussion

https://belmontconservativeclub.co.uk/?page_id=2394

image.png.4b8bf110b53af45a7c21781f761a0c37.png

Hi Everyone, My name is Andy and

I'm the singer at the front of that picture and I can categorically say that I am most definitely NOT working with him and he will be no where near my show that night !!

There are no circumstances on this earth that would have me willingly work with him again.....

I don't know where the Booker got that picture from, it dates back 2018. I've asked him to remove it.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, AndyJames said:

I'm the singer at the front of that picture and I can categorically say that I am most definitely NOT working with him and he will be no where near my show that night !!

There are no circumstances on this earth that would have me willingly work with him again.....

I don't know where the Booker got that picture from, it dates back 2018. I've asked him to remove it.

Looks better already!

1649102388168.thumb.png.bb49903ffda2c473e5c1bd22fb97d1ce.png

• Haha 7

32 minutes ago, AndyJames said:

You didn't buy a Sansamp pedal off him did you Andy? 😉

• Haha 8

55 minutes ago, AndyJames said:

Good to hear, how did you find yourself on here?

• 4 months later...

I'm the bass player in Chic to Chic. I'm afraid everything in the above statement is true - he took deposits from us with a view to booking gigs in theatres and using the cash as down payments. The venues had no idea about the gigs and he's refusing to pay the money back.

If you are in a tribute band, and are approached by Mick Mason to work with/for him in any capacity. STAY WELL CLEAR. We have to stick together as musicians to overcome people like this, so spread the word as wide as possible about this man and his fraudulent activities. Even if we only stop a few people getting ripped off, that's a chunk of money that he hasn't been able to steal.

If you are in a tribute band, and had problems with Mick Mason, please send me a message. Either through here or via www.chictochic.co.uk

Aidan Hampson

• Like 15

2 hours ago, AidanHampson said:

I'm the bass player in Chic to Chic. I'm afraid everything in the above statement is true - he took deposits from us with a view to booking gigs in theatres and using the cash as down payments. The venues had no idea about the gigs and he's refusing to pay the money back.

If you are in a tribute band, and are approached by Mick Mason to work with/for him in any capacity. STAY WELL CLEAR. We have to stick together as musicians to overcome people like this, so spread the word as wide as possible about this man and his fraudulent activities. Even if we only stop a few people getting ripped off, that's a chunk of money that he hasn't been able to steal.

If you are in a tribute band, and had problems with Mick Mason, please send me a message. Either through here or via www.chictochic.co.uk

Aidan Hampson

I accept I might be in the minority here, but I am in my 50’s and have been playing gigs for about 40 years including some long stints in tribute bands. I still do theatres with my 80’s band and not once has a band I’ve been in ever paid a deposit to get a gig. Is this a common thing I’ve just not been party to all these years?

9 hours ago, steantval said:

How the hell is this Mason guy still getting away with all these crimes.

Multiple ‘minor’ offences each of which individually he can probably blag an excuse/apology for and render the whole thing ultimately a PITA to prosecute? Law enforcement will see a lot if it as caveat emptor, and other stuff requires a lot of proof that musicians who tend to be quite a trusting bunch might not be able to produce. He’s learned from experience to keep his crimes below a certain threshold on the above basis 😟

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1