Why become a member? ×

Cover version beats the original!

Al Krow

1 hour ago, casapete said:

This version of 'The only way is up', which is currently featured on ads for the Co Op.

Interesting take on the Yazz version, which I believe was a cover itself too.

I remember the original, although, I'm not sure it was a big seller or had a lot of radio play. A good arrangement though:

1 hour ago, lowdown said:

I remember the original, although, I'm not sure it was a big seller or had a lot of radio play. A good arrangement though:

It's going to have to be a pretty special cover version to beat that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Punk goes 90s vol. 2? I think it should be renamed "90s band completely misunderstands punk"!

Generally 90's "punk" was just noisy pop music. Has there ever been a debate about what is or isn't punk or whether punk is dead?

1 minute ago, SteveXFR said:

Has there ever been a debate about what is or isn't punk or whether punk is dead?

Never! 😁

But 90s "punk" was most certainly not. Though there was a thriving hardcore scene, and bands like the Subs were still playing then... In fact, I remember seeing a Jello-less DKs, and The Damned!

40 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Generally 90's "punk" was just noisy pop music. Has there ever been a debate about what is or isn't punk or whether punk is dead?

punks not dead, but a lot of the original punks are heading that way, The Butlins Alternative (Punk) Festival has been scrapped due to poor numbers

On 24/10/2022 at 12:26, Leonard Smalls said:

That was one of the [positions I remember friends having when I was a kid.. My Raleigh Olympus had it (only 5 speed!) on the frame.

Yeah, I only remember downtube shifters, though I have seen cheap Chinese bikes on eBay with similar, modern versions of these.

47 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I absolutely adore this version of Sugar Mice by Marillion. Beautiful voice and incredible musicianship.

Not come across this duo before, but Celo Oliveira is a ridiculously talented multi-instrumentalist!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...