Jump to content
Left leaderboard
Chezz55

Advertising Pop-Ups ? No thanks

Recommended Posts

I'll be glad when this is sorted out.

The small Rotosound/Elixir etc.type banners at the top of the screen were fine but I don't like the new system - I'm getting ads popping up every time I open a new topic / change forums etc..  In some cases taking up the whole screen.  Infuriating and very annoying

Chris

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chezz55 said:

I'll be glad when this is sorted out.

The small Rotosound/Elixir etc.type banners at the top of the screen were fine but I don't like the new system - I'm getting ads popping up every time I open a new topic / change forums etc..  In some cases taking up the whole screen.  Infuriating and very annoying

Chris

Hi Chezz,

Yes completely agree.  This is the result of a new advertising service attempting to optimise our performance.  It doesn't seem to have worked in the first instance to say the least!

We're waiting for ducks to get in a line their side I'm afraid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What incentive do the ducks have, to line up?

If they're struggling....here's an incentive: AdBlock Plus blocks these. I have it installed already so I've basically not noticed any more (or less) ads, or changes in ads. I did notice the site down for a bit, and a bunch of other user's avatars disappearing which might/might not be related though.

Unobtrusive ads.....probably okay for most; obtrusive ads.....everyone will either install ABP or leave!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, its a shambles, I thought I had done something stupid with my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least the ads I'm getting now are mostly vaguely music related.

Before I was constantly being invited to sign up to faith based dating agencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding the opening page is almost concealed by the drop downs and the cookie item - I'm hopeful Basschat isn't going to become like those regional newspaper sites - virtually unreadable owing to drop down banners and streamed advertisements. 

It also slows everything down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather have the option of paying an annual fee and goung ad free. I have it on other forums i am on....you can opt in or out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paul_c2 said:

What incentive do the ducks have, to line up?

If they're struggling....here's an incentive: AdBlock Plus blocks these. I have it installed already so I've basically not noticed any more (or less) ads, or changes in ads. I did notice the site down for a bit, and a bunch of other user's avatars disappearing which might/might not be related though.

Unobtrusive ads.....probably okay for most; obtrusive ads.....everyone will either install ABP or leave!

This.  I have ad block and have no idea what y'all talking about.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

User Experience is very grim atm....and my avatar has been thieved :(

Edited by ead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to the missing avatars, Ricky4000 has them.

I can't tell you how or why, but he's very sorry & says it won't happen again, & he definitely didn't sell them to finn bass users ;)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the announcement.... 🤨

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Teebs said:

With regards to the missing avatars, Ricky4000 has them.

I can't tell you how or why, but he's very sorry & says it won't happen again, & he definitely didn't sell them to finn bass users ;)

 

 

Me and Fleabag didn't lose ours.

I figured that was because we both must have accidentally clicked on the "Russian Brides" advert.

(don't tell the missus).  😬

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ricky 4000 said:

Me and Fleabag didn't lose ours.

I figured that was because we both must have accidentally clicked on the "Russian Brides" advert.

(don't tell the missus).  😬

The downside being that you're now legally a Russian bride so when that van turns up just get in and don't make a fuss, thanks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ped said:

The downside being that you're now legally a Russian bride so when that van turns up just get in and don't make a fuss, thanks.

Sounds exciting! 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Sounds exciting! 😬

And it's only a couple of hours journey up to my house

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ped said:

And it's only a couple of hours journey up to my house

Do I need to bring my own ballgag, or do you supply that kind of thing... 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ricky 4000 said:

Do I need to bring my own ballgag, or do you supply that kind of thing... 😄

Just bring whatever you have on you 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Do I need to bring my own ballgag, or do you supply that kind of thing... 😄

 

17 minutes ago, ped said:

Just bring whatever you have on you 

His own then! :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found myself married to Anastasia , and it only cost her 10 grand. She paid her expenses.

Счастливые дни !!

Ypa !

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...